AC on NCL's Getaway

FSUJim

Will be sailing on NCL's Getaway in the Baltic, and am hoping I can completely turn off (not just adjust) the AC in my cabin (I will be in one of the solo studio cabins).

Does anyone who has recently been of the Getaway know if I can in fact turn the AC completely off (not adjust....I know I can do that).

Thanks,

Jim

4 hours ago, FSUJim said:

Will be sailing on NCL's Getaway in the Baltic, and am hoping I can completely turn off (not just adjust) the AC in my cabin (I will be in one of the solo studio cabins).

Does anyone who has recently been of the Getaway know if I can in fact turn the AC completely off (not adjust....I know I can do that).

Thanks,

Jim

It can't be done, but you can turn it up so that the air coming in is warm, and you can turn the fan off.

The things you can control are the temperature and the fan for the recirculation air in the cabin.  There will be fresh air supplied to the cabin by a separate system, that supplies a whole bank of cabins, and this is temperature controlled centrally, and the fan is always on.  Similarly, the bathroom exhaust fan is always on.

8 minutes ago, FSUJim said:

Thank you for the responses....it is not the noise it is the temperature as I like it rather warm and on my last trip to the Baltics (on Princess) it was quite cool anyway.

Jim

You can turn on the heat if you want! The "thermostat" has a range of warm to cool, so if it is too cold for you, just bump it up to a warmer setting.

The only thing to keep in mind (at least in my experience) is that it takes a while to achieve the desired result. It'll seem like nothing's happening for (much longer than your unit at home), then suddenly you'll realize the cabin is quite cool (or warm). I'm explicitly referring to the studios on -away ships here. 

3 minutes ago, perditax said:

The only thing to keep in mind (at least in my experience) is that it takes a while to achieve the desired result. It'll seem like nothing's happening for (much longer than your unit at home), then suddenly you'll realize the cabin is quite cool (or warm). I'm explicitly referring to the studios on -away ships here. 

I second this. I turned my ac down while I was running around getting ready (and knocked it down a few times since I kept getting hot), forgot to turn it back up when I left and came back to an ice box!!

2 hours ago, GA Dave said:

Just stay away from the little snowflake button!  :classic_biggrin:  Luckily I had read about that one on CC before we cruised.

So don't press the snowflake?  I like a cold room, especially at night.  I would probably press the snowflake button because snow means cold.  What's the deal?

15 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

So don't press the snowflake?  I like a cold room, especially at night.  I would probably press the snowflake button because snow means cold.  What's the deal?

The snowflake button on the A/C control is a timer that with turn off the A/C after 15 minutes.  If you hit it, be prepared to do it four times an hour!  :classic_tongue: