cooking demonstration

Greg901

40 minutes ago, Greg901 said:

Carnival website say that this event fills up fast so get there early. How early should we plan on showing up, and is it worth it? 

thanks

25 minutes before the start is usually sufficient to ensure a seat. We think everyone with an interest in cooking should go once but Carnival has not changed the menu in 9 years so for us once was enough. 

We go every time and try to arrive 30 mins early. We’ve seen a few different dishes prepared so our experience is that they’re not all the same. 

If if you’re a foodie it is time we’ll spent. Have a great cruise!

35 minutes ago, CA_Cruzing said:

We’ve seen a few different dishes prepared so our experience is that they’re not all the same. 

You're the lucky ones. We've stopped by on successive cruises to ask what will be prepared and it has always been: mushroom soup, spinach salad and a chicken breast entree prepared the same way as before. The dessert course has always been the same as well. 

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1

If you are referring to the Chef's Table, my son and d-i-l (I took them on their first cruise a couple years ago and she is HOOKED!), just got back from a Carnival cruise a couple weeks ago.  They said it was very good, and so impressed with everything they seen, did and ate.  Even some foods that would make you "wonder" if you wanted to eat them or not. 🙂

I really need to start paying more attention to what's available, because I would love this and have never been! (I can barely boil water without a cookbook - and a smoke alarm - but love cooking shows and such.) Is this offered on Fantasy-class ships, or only the larger ones? Sea day, I assume? 

8 hours ago, beshears said:

If you are referring to the Chef's Table, my son and d-i-l (I took them on their first cruise a couple years ago and she is HOOKED!), just got back from a Carnival cruise a couple weeks ago.  They said it was very good, and so impressed with everything they seen, did and ate.  Even some foods that would make you "wonder" if you wanted to eat them or not. 🙂

That's nice. The topic is the cooking demonstration usually held on the first sea day and is not related to the chef's table. We would go to a chef's table demo if there is such a thing. 

On 6/14/2019 at 12:29 AM, CA_Cruzing said:

We go every time and try to arrive 30 mins early. We’ve seen a few different dishes prepared so our experience is that they’re not all the same. 

If if you’re a foodie it is time we’ll spent. Have a great cruise!

Does every ship offer this I have never seen this offered anywhere? 

7 minutes ago, livingthedream1 said:

Does every ship offer this I have never seen this offered anywhere? 

First sea day, usually at 11AM in the steak house. On the Vista there was a demo for all pay restaurants at the Lobby Bar which served samples from each specialty restaurant. 

I don’t know about every ship but on my 7 cruises I’ve been to all of them. 

2 minutes ago, CA_Cruzing said:

First sea day, usually at 11AM in the steak house. On the Vista there was a demo for all pay restaurants at the Lobby Bar which served samples from each specialty restaurant. 

I don’t know about every ship but on my 7 cruises I’ve been to all of them. 

Thank you! I cant believe I have never known about this. Do they put it in the fun times?