Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
korpo024

Deluxe Beverage Package (new to RCCL)

Recommended Posts

When I go to my cruise planner, and want to buy a Deluxe Beverage Package it is said that only my wife and I can buy the package (because our girl is underage). But do I have to buy another package for her, or leave that be? She can drink with us offcourse, because in the Deluxe there are also non alcoholic beverages....At other cruise lines, the non-alcoholic package is always automatically added to the order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, everyone over 21 must buy the Deluxe Beverage Package if anyone does.  But those under the age of 21 are not forced to buy anything.

 

Going to leave the rest of your question untouched.   Prepare yourself for others to comment!!!    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, korpo024 said:

When I go to my cruise planner, and want to buy a Deluxe Beverage Package it is said that only my wife and I can buy the package (because our girl is underage). But do I have to buy another package for her, or leave that be? She can drink with us offcourse, because in the Deluxe there are also non alcoholic beverages....At other cruise lines, the non-alcoholic package is always automatically added to the order.

Only the Deluxe package is automatically applied to those over 2. You'd have to manually purchase any other non-alcoholic packages as those are not automatic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rule is one drink per person at a time at a venue.  Just don't overtly abuse and you should be fine.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, korpo024 said:

When I go to my cruise planner, and want to buy a Deluxe Beverage Package it is said that only my wife and I can buy the package (because our girl is underage). But do I have to buy another package for her, or leave that be? She can drink with us offcourse, because in the Deluxe there are also non alcoholic beverages....At other cruise lines, the non-alcoholic package is always automatically added to the order.

Packages are not for sharing, that is why everyone in the cabin must get the DBP now. apparently lots of cheating went on.  Of course that being said last time we got the package we let our granddaughter have the coke cup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only those over 21 must buy the Deluxe Package if one person gets it. 

If your daughter would enjoy the mocktails and specialty coffees and such, you may buy her the Refreshment Package (the non-alcoholic version of the Deluxe Package), or if she just wants soda you can buy her the Classic Soda package, but there is no need to do so if she won't be drinking those items.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

No, everyone over 21 must buy the Deluxe Beverage Package if anyone does.  But those under the age of 21 are not forced to buy anything.

 

Going to leave the rest of your question untouched.   Prepare yourself for others to comment!!!    

 

4 hours ago, pnsnkr said:

The rule is one drink per person at a time at a venue.  Just don't overtly abuse and you should be fine.  

 

4 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Packages are not for sharing, that is why everyone in the cabin must get the DBP now. apparently lots of cheating went on.  Of course that being said last time we got the package we let our granddaughter have the coke cup. 


I think all of you are misinterpreting what the OP was saying.  They were not asking about SHARING their alcoholic package, but rather having their daughter be in the bar alongside them drinking non-alcoholic beverages off her own "deluxe" but not alcohol drinking package. 

Their confusion lies in the fact that their other cruise line experience added the non-alcoholic deluxe version automatically, whereas it's not a requirement on Royal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, korpo024 said:

When I go to my cruise planner, and want to buy a Deluxe Beverage Package it is said that only my wife and I can buy the package (because our girl is underage). But do I have to buy another package for her, or leave that be? She can drink with us offcourse, because in the Deluxe there are also non alcoholic beverages....At other cruise lines, the non-alcoholic package is always automatically added to the order.

 

17 hours ago, korpo024 said:
8 hours ago, brillohead said:

I think all of you are misinterpreting what the OP was saying.  They were not asking about SHARING their alcoholic package, but rather having their daughter be in the bar alongside them drinking non-alcoholic beverages off her own "deluxe" but not alcohol drinking package. 

Their confusion lies in the fact that their other cruise line experience added the non-alcoholic deluxe version automatically, whereas it's not a requirement on Royal.  

....At other cruise lines, the non-alcoholic package is always automatically added to the order.

 

I dunno, seems pretty clear here that he was talking about using the Deluxe Package to get non-alcoholic drinks for his daughter!!!   (not being critical or judgmental, just saying its pretty obvious)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I could do this...She drinks water and sometimes orange juice...No sodas and maybe a mocktail or two...Using one of the packages is totally logical.

At MSC if you buy a drink package you immediately get the non alcoholic version for a child....At RCCL not.... That's better...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

We have a winner 😂 

YES! a few hundred dollar....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, korpo024 said:

Yes I could do this...She drinks water and sometimes orange juice...No sodas and maybe a mocktail or two...Using one of the packages is totally logical.

Logic has nothing to do with this 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter how you shade it there is cheating involved.  But at over $100.00 per day the little extra cheat seems logical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo invites you to #CrewUpWithWomen
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...