Deluxe Beverage Package (new to RCCL)

When I go to my cruise planner, and want to buy a Deluxe Beverage Package it is said that only my wife and I can buy the package (because our girl is underage). But do I have to buy another package for her, or leave that be? She can drink with us offcourse, because in the Deluxe there are also non alcoholic beverages....At other cruise lines, the non-alcoholic package is always automatically added to the order.

3 hours ago, korpo024 said:

When I go to my cruise planner, and want to buy a Deluxe Beverage Package it is said that only my wife and I can buy the package (because our girl is underage). But do I have to buy another package for her, or leave that be? She can drink with us offcourse, because in the Deluxe there are also non alcoholic beverages....At other cruise lines, the non-alcoholic package is always automatically added to the order.

Only the Deluxe package is automatically applied to those over 2. You'd have to manually purchase any other non-alcoholic packages as those are not automatic.

3 hours ago, korpo024 said:

Packages are not for sharing, that is why everyone in the cabin must get the DBP now. apparently lots of cheating went on.  Of course that being said last time we got the package we let our granddaughter have the coke cup. 

Only those over 21 must buy the Deluxe Package if one person gets it. 

If your daughter would enjoy the mocktails and specialty coffees and such, you may buy her the Refreshment Package (the non-alcoholic version of the Deluxe Package), or if she just wants soda you can buy her the Classic Soda package, but there is no need to do so if she won't be drinking those items.  

8 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

No, everyone over 21 must buy the Deluxe Beverage Package if anyone does.  But those under the age of 21 are not forced to buy anything.

Going to leave the rest of your question untouched.   Prepare yourself for others to comment!!!    

4 hours ago, pnsnkr said:

The rule is one drink per person at a time at a venue.  Just don't overtly abuse and you should be fine.  

4 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Packages are not for sharing, that is why everyone in the cabin must get the DBP now. apparently lots of cheating went on.  Of course that being said last time we got the package we let our granddaughter have the coke cup. 

I think all of you are misinterpreting what the OP was saying.  They were not asking about SHARING their alcoholic package, but rather having their daughter be in the bar alongside them drinking non-alcoholic beverages off her own "deluxe" but not alcohol drinking package. 

Their confusion lies in the fact that their other cruise line experience added the non-alcoholic deluxe version automatically, whereas it's not a requirement on Royal.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, korpo024 said:

17 hours ago, korpo024 said:
8 hours ago, brillohead said:

I think all of you are misinterpreting what the OP was saying.  They were not asking about SHARING their alcoholic package, but rather having their daughter be in the bar alongside them drinking non-alcoholic beverages off her own "deluxe" but not alcohol drinking package. 

Their confusion lies in the fact that their other cruise line experience added the non-alcoholic deluxe version automatically, whereas it's not a requirement on Royal.  

....At other cruise lines, the non-alcoholic package is always automatically added to the order.

I dunno, seems pretty clear here that he was talking about using the Deluxe Package to get non-alcoholic drinks for his daughter!!!   (not being critical or judgmental, just saying its pretty obvious)

Yes I could do this...She drinks water and sometimes orange juice...No sodas and maybe a mocktail or two...Using one of the packages is totally logical.

At MSC if you buy a drink package you immediately get the non alcoholic version for a child....At RCCL not.... That's better...

2 hours ago, korpo024 said:

Yes I could do this...She drinks water and sometimes orange juice...No sodas and maybe a mocktail or two...Using one of the packages is totally logical.

Logic has nothing to do with this 😉