Anthem = A little help please

Have not done R/C in 8 years and am going on the Anthem , is there any other help that can be giving to me besides the following questions I have ? What is Smart Casual,  Can i wear dress shorts and  button down shirt to main dining room, is there a formal night, what restaurants require pants ??? Any help will be great.. Thank you....

8 minutes ago, luvsboozecruises said:

So will i be able to wear dress shorts and a button down shirt to main dining room ? Formal nights i would wear dress pants..

You can wear whatever you like, the ship people don't enforce the suggestions.

2 hours ago, luvsboozecruises said:

Have not done R/C in 8 years and am going on the Anthem , is there any other help that can be giving to me besides the following questions I have ? What is Smart Casual,  Can i wear dress shorts and  button down shirt to main dining room, is there a formal night, what restaurants require pants ??? Any help will be great.. Thank you....

What the cruise line describes as smart casual has been published since I started cruising in 1986. I don't know when Royal Caribbean stopped enforcing it. 

I was just on Anthem last week. If you have anytime dining the dress code ranges from jeans, shorts, long pants, tee shirts, polo shirts and button down shirts. Anything goes. On a 9 day cruise I wore long pants 3 times once in Wonderland and the two formal nights. I saw men wearing  shorts in the Wonderland as well as on formal night.  

I would probably book Royal Caribbean again just based on the relaxed dress code because Princess and Celebrity still enforce the suggested dress code. However, they draw an older demographic who are comfortable dressing a certain way.  With all of that said, some passengers, mostly women were dressed formal on non formal nights. In anytime dining formal wear was far and few between on formal nights and the men who made a half ass attempt buy throwing on a  tweed sports jacket would have looked better if they left it home.  On the second formal night we were seated in the traditional dining room since there was such an overflow of passengers eating diner at 9:00pm (We Will Rock You ran from 6:30 to 8:30). In the traditional dining room 90% of the passengers were dress formal and upstairs in anytime it was more casual than the first formal night with people wearing tee shirts and shorts.

It was very liberating not to have to bring formal wear for the fist time since I started cruising in 1986.  Although I did have some anxiety over the decision . Even my wife is over the whole formal night charade . Lately we have had formal occasions to attend at home. We had a wedding the week before the cruise so for us dressing up isn't all that special or unique.

Edited by Iamcruzin

2 hours ago, luvsboozecruises said:

All places require pants.

eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

😁  😁  🤣

I've seen some pretty odd formal wear, but never been offended by any of it.  Since airfare has become so expensive with paying for suit cases and tux rental costs have sky rocketed I don't bring a suit or rent any longer.  For formal night I typically wear a dress shirt and tie and nice slacks and for the last few cruises no one has seemed to mind.

I see women wearing shorts all the time on formal nights. Why should it be any different for guys?

I think it's fun to get more dressed up than I usually do at home, but I could fully understand how not everyone wants to wear a tuxes and long evening dresses to dinner.

I still think they should have a dress up restaurant on the cruise that is intended to be formal or, with MTD, they could have a special section with a more strict dress code.