Aqua Perks

peter1956

Looking at booking our first cruise. 

Is it true that Aqua class on the Solstice gets the same type of cabins  as Concierge but has the added benefit of Blu

But misses out on Concierge's special lounge, lunch and priority boarding on the first day and also priority on the tenders?

From what I understand, the primary benefits are blu, as you mentioned, as well as entry into Persian gardens. I don’t believe there is a dedicated concierge lounge. You are correct about no embarkation lunch perk. 

There is no "special lounge" for any class of cabin except for suites. So that is no factor. When we were in Aqua we got priority boarding just after suites and before concierge class. Blu is a nice benefit of Aqua class, but for your first cruise, I suggest you just take a veranda cabin which costs less and all balcony cabins are the same size, so there is no larger cabin when you pay more. Aqua usually costs quite a bit more then a regular veranda cabin and for us, the cost is not worth the difference just to dine in Blu

Aqua gets all the perks of Concierge except the lunch on embarkation day and a dedicated Concierge.  There is a Concierge available to all guests and there is no lounge for Concierge class.

As mentioned AQ has its own dining room, Blu, and access to the Persian Garden.

Some of the rooms in Aqua are not particularly desirable.  Rooms could be under the gym, pool area, or dining hall.

As mentioned, the main benefits are Blu restaurant and free entry into the Persian Gardens.  On your first cruise, I would support a regular veranda.  Food in the main dining room is very good.

42 minutes ago, keesar said:

Some of the rooms in Aqua are not particularly desirable.  Rooms could be under the gym, pool area, or dining hall.

As mentioned, the main benefits are Blu restaurant and free entry into the Persian Gardens.  On your first cruise, I would support a regular veranda.  Food in the main dining room is very good.

Correct and for most people Blu is a big consideration.......Priority boarding on the first day is only a special line, Aqua has the same as well as suites and Elite members.  Sometimes the regular lines are shorter.   

Edited by dkjretired

9 hours ago, peter1956 said:

Looking at booking our first cruise. 

Is it true that Aqua class on the Solstice gets the same type of cabins  as Concierge but has the added benefit of Blu

But misses out on Concierge's special lounge, lunch and priority boarding on the first day and also priority on the tenders?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We recently sailed to Alaska on the Solstice...Aqua Class, Deck 11.

Yes, the concierge class cabins are pretty much the same size as the aqua class cabins.  What's the difference?

In the Aqua class cabins, you get upgraded soap, shampoo, shower gel, etc....your shower is also have 6 extra jets on the wall...nice.  Other upgraded items: linens/sheets, pillows, and plush towels.  A "sparkling wine" will be waiting in your cabin.  Note: We were concerned about the possible noise from the above deck...but we slept like babies.  One minor complaint is the overhang outside our balcony...it restricted my ability to take wide angle pictures.

Our cabin was a short walk to the Persian Gardens.  Was the Persian Garden nice? For Alaska, definitely a "yes".  The heated tile loungers were nice to be on while watching the breathtaking scenery through floor to ceiling windows....simply taking a nap.  The aromatherapy sauna was nice...cleared my nose like Vick's vapor rub.  Not sure if it's good or bad.....but the Persian Garden is coed.

Yes, you will be eating breakfast and dinner at the Blu restaurant. (not lunch)

Is it better than the MDR?  In our opinion, both the service and food were noticeably better in the Blu.  The staff in the Blu truly goes out of their way to make sure you are happy.  The number one complaint in the Blu is the seating arrangements...tables are really close to each other.  We knew this beforehand so we asked the Maitre D' for a table (a little private...not much) that he assigned to us every night.  Most memorable dining experience on the Solstice was having an early breakfast, seating next to the massive windows, and watching the icebergs go by.

Congratulations to...pending...booking your first cruise.  We do agree with other posters that since this is your first cruise, you wouldn't know the difference and would probably be just as happy with a regular balcony and eating in the MDR (main dining room). Many years ago, when we were much younger, we had little money...so we booked inside cabins...we were happy. No matter what you choose, Happy Sailing! ☺️

• Like 2

Thanks for all the replies 🙂 especially the one from bonsai3s as this is the exact cruise we are looking to book for May 2020.

They have a big sale on right now. 8 night Alska cruise for 2 people with 2 perks is AU$5618 we are thinking of taking the Classic drinks and US$300 credit for the room.

The difference in price between Veranda and Concierge is AU$200 and the difference between Veranda and Aqua is AU$400.

I will book today as I don't want to miss out. Decisions decisions .

Edited by peter1956

11 hours ago, 39august said:

There is no "special lounge" for any class of cabin except for suites. So that is no factor. When we were in Aqua we got priority boarding just after suites and before concierge class. Blu is a nice benefit of Aqua class, but for your first cruise, I suggest you just take a veranda cabin which costs less and all balcony cabins are the same size, so there is no larger cabin when you pay more. Aqua usually costs quite a bit more then a regular veranda cabin and for us, the cost is not worth the difference just to dine in Blu

Don't forget, you also get the persian garden.  You also get more "celebrity loyalty points" per cruise when booking an AQ cabin vs. veranda.  

AQ also gets afternoon Canapes.  You also can order room service 24hrs.  Not sure if thats an AQ perk or if everyone gets that.  Honestly, we've taken 3 X cruises all in Aqua Class.  We took a cruise on Norwegian last summer( with friends) and the service/food was simply awful.  We had a large balcony room next door to our friends suite.  Their experience was very different from ours.  They also paid 5x the price we paid.  We're back on X in September to the ABC's.  We're back in AQ.  Once you try AQ, its hard to go back to a regular balcony.