Disembark Ketchikan - who is off 1st

cdbh12

We are in concierge class 1st time, and need help. We want to go to lumberjack show, but we get in at 2; the show is at 2:30. I’d rather book direct online with the show, but will we be held from getting off til after all tours depart?

thanks 

If you are tendering, those booked on ship excursions along with suites and Zenith Captain's Club (and anyone one else with Micheal's Club/Retreat Lounge access) get off first and others may have to wait a while. If the ship is docked, debarking is quite rapid regardless of your situation.

1 minute ago, cdbh12 said:

We are in concierge class 1st time, and need help. We want to go to lumberjack show, but we get in at 2; the show is at 2:30. I’d rather book direct online with the show, but will we be held from getting off til after all tours depart?

thanks 

Typically tours get off first, but remember if the ship docks at 2:00 they won't be cleared by the Port Authorities by 2:30 at the earliest. Suites and Zeniths also can leave when the tours leave and there will be quite a backup of people waiting to get off. IMHO there is no way you can get to a show at 2:30 if the ship docks at 2:00.

I am not sure but if you embarked at a Canadian Port and then the first port is USA do you have to go thru immigration before getting off? 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

18 minutes ago, miched said:

I am not sure but if you embarked at a Canadian Port and then the first port is USA do you have to go thru immigration before getting off? 

People embarking at Vancouver clear US immigration there, eliminating any need to do it at first US port.

But I agree with the others about picking a later time for any event in Ketchikan, so no stress or rushing.

I believe that the M-class ships always dock at Ketchikan. 

In the past, the S-class ship would often be required to tender there, but it may not any more as there was talk of building a new dock the last time we were up there.

Edited by varoo

On 7/2/2019 at 9:39 AM, cdbh12 said:

thanks 

We did not do a ship's tour and were off rather quickly.  We were docked and there was a short walk.  To make sure you don't miss the show, sign up via the cruise ship as your timing is rather tight.

We were just there last week. We had to wait for a ship to leave for ours to have room to dock.  We were suppose to dock at two was docked by 230 and able to get off the about 3 with no lines    the main street is under construction so it took a little longer but Iwoukdwould agree about 15 minute walk from ship to the show once off the ship