Drink plan switch

bikerunner

Does anyone know if celebrity would switch out the classic drink plan to premium non alcoholic one?  One person in my group doesn’t drink and is on the classic plan, the other in room does drink wine etc.  I got know where with ta and celebrity. Hoping when I get on board find beverage manager or someone who can make a decision.  

• Like 1

Tell your friend not to order a single thing on his plan, not even a soft drink, then go to Guest Relations and ask for the switch.  If anything is done to activate the unwanted plan, they may not be able to help you

• Like 2

This is a GREAT question!!! I wish I could answer it for you. We are booked on Summit for next February and I have also booked the same sailing for some friends who don't drink alcohol. I felt it wise to choose for them the Classic beverage package (On Promo with OBC too) as they enjoy fountain soda as well as bottled water. I was also wondering if we might be able to switch them to premium non-alcohol package so they might enjoy some fresh fruit juice blends?  If not, they wouldn't have any problems ordering virgin drinks correct?  Sorry to hijack your thread, but this sort of ties in. I appreciate it.

Bottom line is it has been reported that it has sometimes been allowed and I think now most times only switched to classic and they want you to pay to upgrade to premium.  But the instructions you have been given to NOT use the package and go directly to Guest Relations and try is the only way it might be granted.

• Like 1

That’s what I figured.   Personally I am almost thinking ok if you don’t switch it the person will just go bar to bar order drinks not drink them and go to next bar.  The beverage director would understand the cost of this.  10-12 drinks in a day waste easy done.  Lol.  Sorry I am thinking as a hotel manager right now and beverage costs.   That is my background that’s why I am thinking beverage manager not guest relations.  I usually meet them on board pretty quickly for some reason. 

Edited by bikerunner
Added more

39 minutes ago, kiminey65 said:

This is a GREAT question!!! I wish I could answer it for you. We are booked on Summit for next February and I have also booked the same sailing for some friends who don't drink alcohol. I felt it wise to choose for them the Classic beverage package (On Promo with OBC too) as they enjoy fountain soda as well as bottled water. I was also wondering if we might be able to switch them to premium non-alcohol package so they might enjoy some fresh fruit juice blends?  If not, they wouldn't have any problems ordering virgin drinks correct?  Sorry to hijack your thread, but this sort of ties in. I appreciate it.

No worries.  All good info to get and understand.  

We go directly to guest services to request my husband's classic alcohol package be downgraded to the premium non-alcohol package. The last time, the person at guests services had to call her supervisor to get permission and instructions on how to do it. Sometimes, I upgrade my package to the premium alcohol package at the same time. We have never been turned down. 

On 7/3/2019 at 10:38 PM, Marelaine said:

We go directly to guest services to request my husband's classic alcohol package be downgraded to the premium non-alcohol package. The last time, the person at guests services had to call her supervisor to get permission and instructions on how to do it. Sometimes, I upgrade my package to the premium alcohol package at the same time. We have never been turned down. 

Can you give me a rough idea how much to upgrade from classic alcohol to premium alcohol?

1 minute ago, cocobakerchica said:

It's exactly $12/day, which breaks down to $10 + the 20% gratuity.

Ok thanks!  I have emailed my TA because she said I have the drink package but she didn't specify which one.

There's really no need for your friend to switch their package, as there's no absolute must that they have to order alcohol with it.  The classic package also includes coffees and teas from Cafe Al Bacio, canned sodas, and nonpremium bottled water(I think it was the Aquafina brand on my last cruise, it can and does change).  If they prefer premium water brands like Evian and San Pelligrino(which would be included in the premium package), all they'll need to do is pay the difference in price plus the 20% gratuity.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Ok thanks!  I have emailed my TA because she said I have the drink package but she didn't specify which one.

It would depend under what special you booked.  The basic ones(called Go Big and Go Better for awhile, the promotion has since changed to different names) offered the classic package, the top one(formerly called Go Best)was the premium package.  

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, WeLuv2Cruz13 said:

Is the coffee selections the same for classic and premium?

is it canned soda for both?

last time I just upgraded myself and left my husband with classic since he isn't a big drinker.

The cappucinos, espressos, Americanos, and drinks like that(and the teas as well) are in both classic and premium, as are the canned sodas. There may be one or two of the coffee drinks made with alcohol that aren't classic, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone post some drinks menu samples please?  We wanted to know what type of wine and drinks are priced up to $9 and so covered by the Classic Drinks Package and whethere we need to upgrade to the Premium one.

Thank you

There’s no reason to upgrade ahead of time, unless Celebrity offers some special deal to do so.  Wait until you are on the ship, peruse the various bar menus, talk to bartenders and waiters, and you may find that the Classic menu is just fine.  After a couple of days, if you find that you are really missing some drink that you can’t get, you can upgrade then.  But remember that if you order a drink above your package allowance, you only pay the difference.  It might be such a small amount that the upgrade is actually more expensive than just paying the upcharge

I downgraded from classic alcohol to premium non alcohol on Silhouette last summer. Guest Relations person had to call a bunch of people to get permission, but they did it. Took a few hours, was advised ok to use beverage package but not to order alcohol. 

On Summit in May they would only downgrade to classic non alcohol with $4 plus grats per day charge. I passed.