Favorite thing about Cruising NCL?

SailorMan20

4 minutes ago, FaithPlus1 said:

I've never sailed Royal Carribean. Went on 1 3 night Carnival cruise out of Long Beach. The people were slightly below those that you get on NCL lol.... 

Honestly even though I'm not a senior citizen I would love to go on one of those River cruises on the Reine in Europe, and go on Regent or Crystal opposed to the larger companies. I just have champagne taste on a beer budget so it's not an option lol. 

I also immediately got out of a jacuzzi when a guy covered in tattoos and nipple piercings came in. Am I snobby? Absolutely. I just saw that body and thought I'm going to get Hep C if I stay in there. 

A 3 night Carnival? Oh yeah, you're going to get some real "special" folks on those cruises. Agreed, would definitely prefer NCL crowd vs Carnival.

A little Hep C never hurt anybody, lighten up you prude!  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

NCL is my least favorite mass market cruise line and for my likes and wants I rank it below Carnival.   But there is one thing I really like and it is their last minute solo rates. 

I choose the cruise line based on price, itinerary and then ship. My favorite thing about Royal is the adults only solarium. We're thinking of a short Carnival this fall and the particular ship has an adults only pool. Wish NCL had a good adults only pool option that we didn't have to pay a bunch extra for. 

Ok so now lets talk. Been cruising on & off close to 40+ yrs . Been on HAL , Celebrity, Royal , NCL, Princess , think one other. Been on big ships , little ships ; been on 7, 11, 14 day cruises ! Have dressed in shirt n tie every nite for dinner as well as shorts & tshirt.

With due respect to some of the comments , when you book a cruise you know ahead of time how each cruise line operates. I , for one , do not need a shirt n tie ; in today's world tattoos n piercings are quite common.

NCL for me is , place a call, book the room, get my perks, pack my bags and enjoy...

1 hour ago, yearsofcruising said:

Ok so now lets talk. Been cruising on & off close to 40+ yrs . Been on HAL , Celebrity, Royal , NCL, Princess , think one other. Been on big ships , little ships ; been on 7, 11, 14 day cruises ! Have dressed in shirt n tie every nite for dinner as well as shorts & tshirt.

With due respect to some of the comments , when you book a cruise you know ahead of time how each cruise line operates. I , for one , do not need a shirt n tie ; in today's world tattoos n piercings are quite common.

NCL for me is , place a call, book the room, get my perks, pack my bags and enjoy...

Nothing screams classy professional like having your nipples pierced and being covered in tattoos. 

On 7/4/2019 at 9:47 PM, CruisingNole said:

NCL is cheaper, lower class, very blue collar. You’ll witness a lot of dirty White tank tops. This is the NCL breed.

We have done 7 NCL, 11 Celebrity and 2 RCI cruises.

Most of our cruises are two week, but we have done a few 7 day.

We have found a difference in the cruisers, RCI and NCL tend to have more young people.   Celebrity has more retired people.

As for being cheaper, that is no longer true.  With bundling promos in the price, NCL is not the cheapest anymore.  We find more cruises on RCI that are the best deal.

1 hour ago, 4774Papa said:

As for being cheaper, that is no longer true.  With bundling promos in the price, NCL is not the cheapest anymore.  We find more cruises on RCI that are the best deal.

Our upcoming 11 night cruise from HNL to Vancouver on the Jewel is one of the highest priced cruises we've ever booked. We were seriously considering the SailAway pricing for a balcony cabin until a mock booking indicated we'd be assigned Cabin 8020, a deck below and far forward from our traveling companions' cabin. So we took the bundling promo for a $900+ differential in base pricing in order to be in a cabin by them. Gratuities for the beverage & dining "free" perks came to $487.60 additionally.

We will use the 250 internet minutes but the $50 per cabin per port shorex discount is virtually useless to us for two reasons- 1.) we tend to diy or book private tours and 2.) there are but a couple of  NCL shorex priced less than $75 per person and none of those are appealing.

CRUISE NEXT CERTIFICATES💲   Free money which turns into free cruises.   Using three($750) for my B2B in Alaska next week in an IX.   And have used seven ($1750) in the last two months for my last four solo cruises.  All free money.   No other cruise line has this program.😀  

I started my cruising life with NCL and am now Platinum, but my most recent NCL experience almost made me lose all enthusiasm for cruising. Most of the other cruiselines have been greatly influenced by the Freestyle concept, so the thought of ball gowns and tuxes isn't part of most cruising anymore. 

I have one NCL cruise booked but that was only because of its unique itinerary. I would have preferred anything but Carnival, but Carnival doesn't do Europe anyway.