Hotel Prices in Miami May 2020

l2f

We are considering a cruise from Miami and part of the planning is pre cruise hotel.  The last few cruises from Miami, we have stayed at Hampton Inn Bricknell.  The cost has gone up over $100 a night from our last visit.

Is there some major event in town that day/weekend?  Or a reliable source to determine this.

Perhaps it is just time to find another hotel.

Thanks in advance.

L2F

I checked Memorial Day weekend (assuming that is "that day/weekend" you failed to specify).

Friday and Saturday nights that weekend I found for $252 HH flexible rate.

Eminently reasonable for the season and location.

Though if that holiday weekend is when you will be sailing you may wish to avoid Downtown Miami as there are plans for Urban Beach Week events at Bayfront Park as well. If just arriving the night before a hotel in the better airport areas (such as Blue Lagoon) will more than suffice.

If you are actually arriving earlier in the month--rates at the Hampton Brickell are not much lower. Your call as to cost vs. convenience and familiarity.

Edited by fishywood

Friday May 1 has Hampton at $222, the Homewood Suites down the street at $199.

If looking for a less expensive Hilton property near the port the Hilton Downtown is just $131.

Doubletree Biscayne Bay shows sold out that weekend so yes something must "happening" as usual downtown.

Not all the discount consolidator websites have every property available at fully 10 months out. You might want to make a cancellable reservation now and just keep checking. 

Hampton Inn seems to have adjusted its price point throughout the chain. Locations in very marginal neighborhoods surpassed $200/night in many cities even during the local slow season. And breakfast was just Costco bagels and danish at one location I stayed at last year that shall remain anonymous. (OK, it was the Pensacola airport property). 

3 hours ago, fishywood said:

Hampton Inn seems to have adjusted its price point throughout the chain. Locations in very marginal neighborhoods surpassed $200/night in many cities even during the local slow season. And breakfast was just Costco bagels and danish at one location I stayed at last year that shall remain anonymous. (OK, it was the Pensacola airport property). 

Wow!  I've never stayed at a Hampton that didn't offer a full breakfast, including hot items.  Did they offer any explanation?  Did you note this on the post-stay survey?

Roz

• I just booked at the Comfort Inn airport Miami;  it doesn't open up till Sept 2019 so I am assuming it is a new place;

can park cars $12.00 per day; free transportation to pier;  

Paid $142 with AAA.. klng size suite... 

30 minutes ago, rjrice1 said:
  • I just booked at the Comfort Inn airport Miami;  it doesn't open up till Sept 2019 so I am assuming it is a new place;

I don't recall the OP saying he needs a hotel with cruise parking.

Brand new property or not, that location--across NW 36th St from the airport in the city of Miami Springs---is a massive, massive, massive drop-off from staying in the Brickell neighborhood near Downtown and the port. Only reason to stay there is if arriving very late in the evening with no plans other than to barricade yourself in the room and go to sleep. Yes I mean barricade, you do not want to be walking around that area after dark.

(The hotel's website says they will open October 15, 2019 btw)

2 hours ago, rjrice1 said:

A taxi back to your car post cruise will run about $30+, or $20+ for UberX.

On 7/9/2019 at 6:09 PM, fishywood said:

I don't recall the OP saying he needs a hotel with cruise parking.

Brand new property or not, that location--across NW 36th St from the airport in the city of Miami Springs---is a massive, massive, massive drop-off from staying in the Brickell neighborhood near Downtown and the port. Only reason to stay there is if arriving very late in the evening with no plans other than to barricade yourself in the room and go to sleep. Yes I mean barricade, you do not want to be walking around that area after dark.

(The hotel's website says they will open October 15, 2019 btw)

thank you for the update on the opening.... (the main number say end of Sept)

Second you don't have to be nasty about the "parking" maybe somebody else who's following can benefit

Third thank you again for the update on the area as well.

On 7/7/2019 at 3:35 PM, fishywood said:

I checked Memorial Day weekend (assuming that is "that day/weekend" you failed to specify).

Friday and Saturday nights that weekend I found for $252 HH flexible rate.

Eminently reasonable for the season and location.

Though if that holiday weekend is when you will be sailing you may wish to avoid Downtown Miami as there are plans for Urban Beach Week events at Bayfront Park as well. If just arriving the night before a hotel in the better airport areas (such as Blue Lagoon) will more than suffice.

If you are actually arriving earlier in the month--rates at the Hampton Brickell are not much lower. Your call as to cost vs. convenience and familiarity.

Just so others know that are looking to stay Memorial Day, Urban Beach Week events don't spill over to Bayfront Park unless something has drastically changed for 2020.  Bayfront Park has very family friendly events going on for Memorial Day. 

And it definitely does not effect the Brickell area.

On 7/7/2019 at 2:49 PM, l2f said:

We are considering a cruise from Miami and part of the planning is pre cruise hotel.  The last few cruises from Miami, we have stayed at Hampton Inn Bricknell.  The cost has gone up over $100 a night from our last visit.

Is there some major event in town that day/weekend?  Or a reliable source to determine this.

Perhaps it is just time to find another hotel.

Thanks in advance.

L2F

It's probably because you are far out. There isn't anything special going on in the time frame that you are looking to stay in the Brickell area.

Are you wed to the Hilton chain?  There are so many more hotels new in Brickell that don't pop up here that often or in many people's posts.

If it's the Hilton chain and you want Brickell, on top of the Hampton Inn there is a Hilton Garden Inn on Brickell ave right before the Rickenbacker causeway.  It used to be called the Hotel Urbano but Hilton purchased it, renovated it and built a whole new building right behind it on the South Miami side.  It has great reviews.

There is also the Homewood Suites.  

Both are a bit further out than the Hampton Inn, but the Hilton Garden Inn has the trolley stop.

The new Hyatt Centric is amazing and has amazing reviews and is right next door to the JW Marriott.  Their rates have been very good.

There are many other options and the beginning of May if off season so you should be able to find something reasonable in the area.

3 hours ago, goneclear said:

Another Hilton option not mentioned  in Brickell area is the Conrad. Amazing views from their lobby bar. 

Definitely! Makes me almost want to book another cruise leaving from Miami. Two years ago, we were upgraded to a 2br apartment. It was amazing! My daughter still raves about the bathroom with the view from the toilet.

IMG_2204 1.JPG

IMG_2195.JPG

Edited by cyntil8ing

On 7/12/2019 at 9:14 AM, goneclear said:

Another Hilton option not mentioned  in Brickell area is the Conrad. Amazing views from their lobby bar. 

Can't believe I forgot about the Conrad since I can actually see it from my condo!!  Great catch!