Celebrity Captains Club Back Stage Tour

traveline

Can anyone tell me whether there's a difference between the Captain Club Back stage tour from the Inside Access behind the scenes tour.I would greatly appreciate any information you could give me. Thanks so much.

With the backstage tour with CC, all those who sign up meet at the theatre. A few of the production staff are there to talk about the shows and answer questions. They will take you back stage, and through the dressing rooms. It is very small there and can be quite crowded if a lot of people sign up. It is free, though. I have done this a few times and it is interesting when the staff talk about their experiences with auditions and the training they get.

I have not done the behind the scenes tour. I believe  it has a fee (about $100 per person?) and you see a lot more of the ship than the just the theatre, it is about 2 hours. Just did a quick  google on it.

I've been on both and they're both great in their own way.  The backstage tour is pretty nice for being a freebee for Captain's Club members. We got to meet and talk with some of the entertainers as well as tour the theater behind the scenes with them(they split us up into groups so it flowed nicely) and had a nice Q&A session with them afterwards.  It was about 45 minutes to an hour long.

The Inside Access tour is a lot more in depth and encompasses the usually no access to passenger areas of the ship(the bridge, laundry room, engine room, etc).  It was great to meet some of the rest of the crew that's "invisible" most of the time, but work really hard to make sailing/running the ship look effortless. This one was a lot longer, about 2+ hours

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, travlr21 said:

With the backstage tour with CC, all those who sign up meet at the theatre. A few of the production staff are there to talk about the shows and answer questions. They will take you back stage, and through the dressing rooms. It is very small there and can be quite crowded if a lot of people sign up. It is free, though. I have done this a few times and it is interesting when the staff talk about their experiences with auditions and the training they get.

I have not done the behind the scenes tour. I believe  it has a fee (about $100 per person?) and you see a lot more of the ship than the just the theatre, it is about 2 hours. Just did a quick  google on it.

WoW $100 per person?!?

The  All Acess tour on EDGE was well worth it.  Small group, headphones, top guide from the excursion dept, and  sessions with the top officers at each stop. Much nicer than the herds we saw coming through the kitchen areas. Great visit to the bridge!

We  already signed up for the extra charge Theater tour excursion for our  next EDGE cruise..  Hope it is  superior and has fewer guests  than the one offered for free from  Cap Club.

Not sure how  these "excursions" may differ on other ships although  Dh took the free kitchen tour once and enjoyed it  Other bridge tours have been very nice.

There are a few threads that talk about it.  Found one from December where someone quoted the price as $99, but going up to $119. I am sure it would be interesting, and even better if you have some OBC to use up.

Over the years, we've been on bridge tours, theater tours, and kitchen tours, of various X ships. While we were very happy to have those invitations from Captain and the Captain's Club, there wasn't a single thing on any of those tours that I'd spend upwards of $100 to see!

41 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

Over the years, we've been on bridge tours, theater tours, and kitchen tours, of various X ships. While we were very happy to have those invitations from Captain and the Captain's Club, there wasn't a single thing on any of those tours that I'd spend upwards of $100 to see!

We also over the years have been invited to the bridge, the engine control room, galley and backstage theatre tour.  But the Behind the Scenes tour is a very different experience, and is essentially focused on the questions from the participants.  So it is rather personal.  And you visit many more areas of the ship.

We did the Behind the Scenes tour when on a M-class ship and had a large amount of non-refundable OBC to burn on a 7 night cruise.  My recollection is that we paid either $89 or $99 per person (several years ago).   Even though we had visited an engine control room on a prior cruise, the discussion regarding elevator management issues was enlightening, and I will never complain again about an elevator being slow to stop at "my" floor.  And the recycling center was also much more interesting that I would have thought, plus visiting some of the crew space.  I thought it was well worth the fee, and ours lasted about three hours.

3 hours ago, traveline said:

Can anyone tell me whether there's a difference between the Captain Club Back stage tour from the Inside Access behind the scenes tour.I would greatly appreciate any information you could give me. Thanks so much.

We have done both.  The Captain's Club Back Stage Tour is free and you are broken up into smaller groups for a tour of the dressing area and other areas of the Theater.   The Behind the Scenes Tour incurs a fee and you have a tour of the back stage as well as areas such as the bridge, engineering, anchor area, crew's dining and recreational areas, food storage, kitchen, etc.  Ours included a wine pairing luncheon in the Tuscan Grill.  There was a fee associated with this.

Did it once and glad we did.  

1 hour ago, hcat said:

The  All Access tour on EDGE was well worth it.  Small group, headphones, top guide from the excursion dept, and  sessions with the top officers at each stop. Much nicer than the herds we saw coming through the kitchen areas. Great visit to the bridge!

We  already signed up for the extra charge Theater tour excursion for our  next EDGE cruise..  Hope it is  superior and has fewer guests  than the one offered for free from  Cap Club.

Not sure how  these "excursions" may differ on other ships although  Dh took the free kitchen tour once and enjoyed it  Other bridge tours have been very nice.

We did both tours on Edge (lots of OBC to use) and they were both excellent. First, the free CC theater "tour" on Edge was not a tour at all. Instead, it was just a Q&A with some of the performers. We did not go backstage as we did on other ships. The paid theater tour showed you all of the technology, including how they made it rain during one of the shows.  We also got to ride up on the stage platform elevator. If you're the sort of person who enjoys understanding how things work in the theater, it's well worth it.

The Behind the Scenes tour was also excellent, ending up on the bridge where we got to spend quite a bit of time walking around and asking questions.  We got lucky and were on an additional time slot that they had opened up while on the cruise so it wasn't as crowded as the one I had booked in advance (and had changed on board).

I also do the free kitchen tour all the time and it's interesting but they rush you thru. 

On 7/16/2019 at 8:04 PM, MisterBill99 said:

We did both tours on Edge (lots of OBC to use) and they were both excellent. First, the free CC theater "tour" on Edge was not a tour at all. Instead, it was just a Q&A with some of the performers. We did not go backstage as we did on other ships. The paid theater tour showed you all of the technology, including how they made it rain during one of the shows.  We also got to ride up on the stage platform elevator. If you're the sort of person who enjoys understanding how things work in the theater, it's well worth it.

The Behind the Scenes tour was also excellent, ending up on the bridge where we got to spend quite a bit of time walking around and asking questions.  We got lucky and were on an additional time slot that they had opened up while on the cruise so it wasn't as crowded as the one I had booked in advance (and had changed on board).

I also do the free kitchen tour all the time and it's interesting but they rush you thru. 

I just want to thank everyone for the info on the  CC tour. Thank you all so much