Future Cruise Credit purchase question

wlbox

I just used my last Future Cruise Credit when booking our September 2019 cruise.  

Can I purchase another FCC before we get onto the ship?      I want to book another cruise for later this year.

What are the rules about Future Cruise Credit.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, wlbox said:

I just used my last Future Cruise Credit when booking our September 2019 cruise.  

Can I purchase another FCC before we get onto the ship?      I want to book another cruise for later this year.

What are the rules about Future Cruise Credit.

Thanks

FFC can only be purchased while onbored.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

FFC can only be purchased while onbored.

Future cruise deposits can be purchased on board for passengers not on board as long a they have a captain's circle number, so for the OP to be able to get additional ones before they sail, they need to know someone who would be willing to do this for them on a sailing. The deposits would be charged to the credit card of the passenger on board, so obviously arrangements to pay back that person would be required. Many people do not know Princess and HAL allow this. This policy has been in effect for about 2 years.

12 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Future cruise deposits can be purchased on board for passengers not on board as long a they have a captain's circle number, so for the OP to be able to get additional ones before they sail, they need to know someone who would be willing to do this for them on a sailing. The deposits would be charged to the credit card of the passenger on board, so obviously arrangements to pay back that person would be required. Many people do not know Princess and HAL allow this. This policy has been in effect for about 2 years.

fun fact of the day. I had no idea you had the capability of purchasing FCC for someone who's not on the sailing that has a captain circle number.

Edited by Jeter02

Will your September cruise be inside of the final payment date for the cruise later this year? If not, book the cruise onboard. You get the benefits. If you want a particular cabin, book now, pay the deposit and cancel after you book with the FCC.

12 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Yes, that is something I did not know. And thank you to everyone buying me a future cruise credit deposit. Please forward it to I’m not going to pay you back, Truth or Consequences, NM 87901 

😳 😁

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

Just now, steelers36 said:

What would be the point of that?  They don't sell FCD's.  And I know you know this. :classic_dry:

NO actually I don't.

They have changed the program to allow purchase onboard for someone not onboard.

I thought I had read something about allowing them to be purchased after a cruise, and I know you know THIS.  

5 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

NO actually I don't.

They have changed the program to allow purchase onboard for someone not onboard.

I thought I had read something about allowing them to be purchased after a cruise, and I know you know THIS.  

Yes, but there is a very short time window apparently and HQ has to agree I believe.  I have never tried that.  The OP isn't in the position of just completing a cruise; rather they used up their last FCD on file.

I tried to have my wife buy us both some FCD in Nov 2017 when she was on a short cruise with one of our daughters.  Nope, that attempt fell flat and the FCD was assigned to daughter (which we refunded).  It was not long after that as I understand it that the new policy changed.

Edited by steelers36

Purchasing FCD after a cruise not only has a short time of availability (pretty sure it is available for 60 days after embarkation) there is also way less OBC associated with that sort of FCD purchase.

3-6 days: $10 - Interior/OV:  $15 - Balcony/Suites
7-10 day: $15 - I/O: $30 - B/S
11-16 days: $40 - I/O: $60 - B/S
17+ days (excl. world Cruise): $75 - I/O: $125 - B/S

Edited by Thrak

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Purchasing FCD after a cruise not only has a short time of availability (pretty sure it is available for 60 days after embarkation) there is also way less OBC associated with that sort of FCD purchase.

3-6 days: $10 - Interior/OV:  $15 - Balcony/Suites
7-10 day: $15 - I/O: $30 - B/S
11-16 days: $40 - I/O: $60 - B/S
17+ days (excl. world Cruise): $75 - I/O: $125 - B/S

Exactly shows why a bad idea to procrastinate.

I have booked a cruise using my future cruise deposit that also has one way flights included.  Is it possible to cancel this cruise and still retain my future cruise deposits to rebook with or if i cancel do i also lose this future cruise deposit?

thanks

Kayla

15 minutes ago, Kaylacool said:

I have booked a cruise using my future cruise deposit that also has one way flights included.  Is it possible to cancel this cruise and still retain my future cruise deposits to rebook with or if i cancel do i also lose this future cruise deposit?

thanks

Kayla

If it was a refundable deposit the FCD should be returned to your account. I'm not sure what the flight has to do with things.

thanks Thrak with the flight it was part of the promo (free flight with cruise booking) didn't know if this would impact the FCD as such. On reading through the terms of the Ezair flight i think it reads that I will have to pay for the full cost of the flight if i cancel.  I will ring TA tomorrow to clarify.

Seen a much better offer on cruise was looking at the potential to rebook but if I have to pay out on the airfare it won't be worth it 😞

1 hour ago, Kaylacool said:

thanks

Kayla

If the cruise is cancelled, then the EZ Air flights are automatically cancelled too. No biggie if you had a flexible airfare, bit of a biggie if you are going to rebook the same cruise, perhaps in a different cabin class* and the air fare has increased and a real biggie if you were on a non flexible airfare as there are no refunds on those airfares

*I have downgraded a cruise booking where I had EZ Air flight and the flights were now higher than when I originally booked, but I was able to keep the same cruise booking number, so I was able to keep the flights too. The price of my original full suite plunged a few weeks later, so I upgraded back to the suite and again kept my flights, but about a week later I found a much better flight, which was cheaper to boot, so I switched flights as I was on a flexible fare.