Cheers Program...once on board? Cheaper?

akane161

Curious if we should bite the bullet and buy it now, or wait until we are on board......we have decided to enjoy ourselves, with no worries about how much each drink is for this trip. We haven't done that before. Just want to know if it makes sense to buy it now, a week before cruising; or if we should wait until we got on the ship.....Anyone know if price drops?

Does Carnival ever run sales on their drink package?  I am sailing Carnival for the first time in March after mostly sailing on Royal Caribbean.  On my last Royal cruise, I was able to get a great price on the drink package during Black Friday.  The Cheers package already seems like a great price, but I am wondering if Carnival does any sales during the year.  Can't hurt to save a few bucks!

TIA

8 minutes ago, lorielucks said:

Does Carnival ever run sales on their drink package?  I am sailing Carnival for the first time in March after mostly sailing on Royal Caribbean.  On my last Royal cruise, I was able to get a great price on the drink package during Black Friday.  The Cheers package already seems like a great price, but I am wondering if Carnival does any sales during the year.  Can't hurt to save a few bucks!

TIA

Nope, never seen it. I remember back in 2012, for a couple of months, they did try pricing depending on length of cruise. For cruises over 10 days, it was $35 plus 15% gratuity. It didn’t last long. 

But if you ever sail Europe, they turn a blind eye to bringing on alcohol.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lorielucks said:

TIA

Never say never, but I've never seen a sale on Cheers...

2 hours ago, lorielucks said:

TIA

Unlike RC, which emails me at least weekly about a sail for pre-purchases (including UBP), Carnival never runs sales on Cheers.  Occasionally on pre-purchased excursions yes, and I think there's a standard discount for pre-booked spa treatments, but never for Cheers.

On 7/20/2019 at 3:48 PM, coevan said:

On 7/20/2019 at 2:52 PM, crzndeb said:

But if you ever sail Europe, they turn a blind eye to bringing on alcohol.

On 7/20/2019 at 3:48 PM, coevan said:

no, it's just permissible in Europe

OK... Spell this out for me because I am a little slow.  If I wanted to bring a bottle of lets just say vodka on with me from a EU departure port, no one cares?  And does this include Barcelona? 🙂  Asking for a friend, of course...

On 7/20/2019 at 3:40 PM, lorielucks said:

TIA

If you want to save 10% on Cheers, earn points on AARP or Allstate and purchase 10% discounted Carnival gift cards.  There are multiple threads to give you the details, but you can use them for everything, including paying for your entire cruise, your gratuities and all on board spending. 

14 hours ago, james318 said:

OK... Spell this out for me because I am a little slow.  If I wanted to bring a bottle of lets just say vodka on with me from a EU departure port, no one cares?  And does this include Barcelona? 🙂  Asking for a friend, of course...

In Barcelona their is a duty free liquor and beer store between the check in area and the boarding area so you can stock up there and carry it right on. I carried on alcohol on the Horizon in Barcelona, Dubrovnik, and Naples, no hassle, I placed 2 six packs on the x-ray scanner while re boarding in Dubrovnik and no one batted an eye.