Menu in Discoveries

spiritoftravel

But there are certain dishes that are on every day. From memory some of these are escargots with garlic butter, shrimp cocktail with two sauces(or choice of sauce), french onion soup, Caesar salad with chicken or shrimp, strip loin steak, chicken breast, salmon.

• Like 1

There is also creme brûlée’s, apple pie and cheesecake (choice of three toppings) for dessert as well as ice cream and sorbets every day  

You can also have a melon starter every day 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, spiritoftravel said:

Thanks everyone, just wondered if there was s sample menu for one of the days, etc, it seems to have been taken off the website, but thanks for replies, looking forward to our cruise to New Zealand next year.

I managed to find this ‘live from’ thread that includes a Discoveries menu at post #164 

That's a pretty weak menu.  It's basically fish, vegetarian,  or turkey.  Do they post these things on the TVs in the rooms or at the entrance to the dining rooms?  If I saw this menu, I'd know ahead of time to look for alternatives.  

2 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

That's a pretty weak menu.  It's basically fish, vegetarian,  or turkey.  Do they post these things on the TVs in the rooms or at the entrance to the dining rooms?  If I saw this menu, I'd know ahead of time to look for alternatives.  

It's missing the Chef's Featured Dish and the World Cuisine Selection, which are two more (usually adventuresome) entree choices.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

The daily menus are on the TV in advance on Journey and Quest but not on Pursuit( no interactive TV).

The days menu is usually posted outside the dining room in the early afternoon.

15 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

It's missing the Chef's Featured Dish and the World Cuisine Selection, which are two more (usually adventuresome) entree choices.

Thanks for that information.  I had been hoping to see a chicken, duck, or some kind of beef dish on there or even something with some interesting spices (not bland)  and it was a bit of a letdown, especially after seeing everyone rave about Discoveries.  

4 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

Thanks for that information.  I had been hoping to see a chicken, duck, or some kind of beef dish on there or even something with some interesting spices (not bland)  and it was a bit of a letdown, especially after seeing everyone rave about Discoveries.  

This is quite an unusual menu. There is usually at least one beef dish.  It’s quite possible that either the Chefs Featured dish and/or the World Cuisine Selection dish were beef. I would imagine that the Singapore Noodles with Pork & Shrimp would be spicy.  Of course there’s always the New York Strip Steak or the marinated a Grilled Cicken.

15 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

All that you mention and much more does appear on the menus, the sample posted was not one of the best offerings by any means.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 2:22 AM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I managed to find this ‘live from’ thread that includes a Discoveries menu at post #164 

Thanks for pointing this out HGC as it gave me a chance to re read this and remind myself how much we enjoyed the MDR on Azamara Journey. It was the best MDR food we have enjoyed at sea. We are sailing on Celebrity in 3 weeks but expect to eat a lot of specialty restaurant meals.

(Murano and Lawn Club Grill are favorites).

Norris, Norway-bound.

10 hours ago, Bimmer09 said:

Thanks for pointing this out HGC as it gave me a chance to re read this and remind myself how much we enjoyed the MDR on Azamara Journey. It was the best MDR food we have enjoyed at sea. We are sailing on Celebrity in 3 weeks but expect to eat a lot of specialty restaurant meals.

(Murano and Lawn Club Grill are favorites).

Norris, Norway-bound.

Sushi on 5 is one of our favorites and we usually get the specialty dining package.  Our next on X is Nov 2020.  

We just came off the Quest, after being away from AZ for 7 yrs. We thought the food and the complimentary wines had gone downhill since our last cruise. I had a hard time finding wines I really enjoyed. Except the Rose was good.

The white night party and crew were as good as ever.