Internet speed/reliability question

pirokp

Generally the speed onboard can be described as fair but it drops depending on location. Hopefully someone who did the trip over on Quest from Tokyo can give you the specifics for that itinerary. Something niggles in my mind it wasn’t great. 

Just disembarked Pursuit yesterday and I have to say the Internet speed and reliability was absolutely terrible. I had an unlimited Internet package so I didn't have to worry about my minutes left but if I had....well they would have been gone by Day 2 because of the slowness of downloading even brief emails. The connection kept dropping out all the time and I was never sure whether my emails or messages were actually sent. It turns out that one very important email did not "go". It did not matter  where I was on the ship...it was all bad. For at least three hours on one day I couldn't connect at all. 

I never remember the Internet being as bad on Quest or Journey...and that can't be described as speedy either, but Pursuit was really bad. 

• Like 1

we were just on Journey in Norway and internet was terrible, to say the least.  There were about 4 days with almost none at all.  They had someone fly over to install something to fix it, but it still did not improve much.  If we did not have the unlimited package, we would not have had anywhere near enough time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

we were just on Journey in Norway and internet was terrible, to say the least.  There were about 4 days with almost none at all.  They had someone fly over to install something to fix it, but it still did not improve much.  If we did not have the unlimited package, we would not have had anywhere near enough time.

Yes, I agree, we were on that cruise. I knew we would be unlikely to get WiFi in Flam & Geiranger because of the topography (steep fjord sides), but it was very poor throughout. They said an antenna was down, but the two technicians who flew out from Miami didn’t seem to make much difference.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising
  • Like 1