ms Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau July 29, 2019

Scrapnana

Eurodam will be at the AS dock from 1300-2300 and Nieuw Amsterdam will be at the CT dock from 1300-2200.

Also in port are Ruby Princess at the FKL dock from 1100-2215, Regatta will be tendering from 1300-2100, and Solstice will be at the AJ dock from 1330-2200.

The weather continues to be rainy but there is some sun predicted during the week.  There is a 60% chance of rain throughout the day with a high of only 58F/14C and a low of 47F/8C.  Sunrise is at 4:42 am and sunset at 9:25 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

Next up:  Oosterdam on Tuesday.

Just a little something on the side.  What I saw Saturday was  a bit unusual--3 ships at the main terminals and nobody was blocked.  juneau727.JPG.2d877d35cc09be5d118005eceb9edc95.JPG

FKL:Coral Princess

CT: Seven Seas Mariner

AS: National Geographic Quest

I should be around Monday to Wednesday this week but I have a road trip planned Thursday to Tuesday.

Roy

15 hours ago, Happily@Sea said:

Sounds like tomorrow may be a bust - but I'll be here anyway - just in case my prediction doesn't come true. 😜

It does look like a challenging day.  Ruby Princess is in the Gastineau; all the other 4 ships are bunched up near Tracy Fjord entrance, and the camera is already panning.

Roy

8 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Just a little something on the side.  What I saw Saturday was  a bit unusual--3 ships at the main terminals and nobody was blocked.  juneau727.JPG.2d877d35cc09be5d118005eceb9edc95.JPG

FKL:Coral Princess

CT: Seven Seas Mariner

AS: National Geographic Quest

I should be around Monday to Wednesday this week but I have a road trip planned Thursday to Tuesday.

Roy

Very well organized!  They should do that all the time. 😀

I'm here, but I don't know if I will stay.  We have a lot of relatives floating around town as there was a "Family Reunion" of about 100 people on the weekend, and some are staying on to tour...  DD is out entertaining some today and they may "drop in"...  I am going to need a week to recover, at least our next house guests are not due until late August.

2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Where are you going to be going, Roy?

My parents were both born a bit South of Montreal and I grew up in Syracuse (Central New York).  My cousin still owns the family homestead on my mother's side and I'll be spending the weekend (Sat-Sun) there.  My brother (DesMoines) and his grandson (Orlando) will be in Boston visiting colleges Friday and will go up to the family homestead for the weekend as well.

I visit my alma mater (Binghamton New York) Thursday evening and then head to Toronto Friday to catch their performance of Come From Away Friday Evening and then the weekend with the family and stop Monday evening in Syracuse; back home Tuesday.

Roy

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

My parents were both born a bit South of Montreal and I grew up in Syracuse (Central New York).  My cousin still owns the family homestead on my mother's side and I'll be spending the weekend (Sat-Sun) there.  My brother (DesMoines) and his grandson (Orlando) will be in Boston visiting colleges Friday and will go up to the family homestead for the weekend as well.

I visit my alma mater (Binghamton New York) Thursday evening and then head to Toronto Friday to catch their performance of Come From Away Friday Evening and then the weekend with the family and stop Monday evening in Syracuse; back home Tuesday.

Roy

Will you be traveling by train or bus?