Sky Princess Photo

USCcruisecrazy

Saw this picture of the Sky Princess on another site.  They just completed some test runs and everything has checked out well.  One thing you can see in the picture, though, is the Seawalk.  I'm glad to see they included it in the plans!

Sky Princess.jpg

• Like 3

The seawalk has definitely been a fan favorite on the royal class ships. I can't see them ever doing away with it. Plus I believe princess was the first ones to have seawalk like that.

Edited by Jeter02

If the Sky’s deck plans are accurate the Skywalk will be like the previous area by the Seaview Bar with only some windows looking below.  The Seaview Bar has moved to midship between the bumped out areas with some glass windows to look downward.

FE533BC3-0244-4D24-AB8E-FE2666ED58ED.jpeg

Not sure that's the Sky. Latest photo I've seen was taken on July 18 (see link below). Notice the lifeboats are in place. There's been no movement from the dock since they turned on the transponder. I've been checking the position several times a day.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:5943236/mmsi:247393800/vessel:SKY%20PRINCESS

4 hours ago, antsp said:

Is that definitely the Sky, as the sea walk is meant to be slightly different on this ship. Just a note would this ship be flying a Princess flag yet. 

I didn't take the picture, but it was posted on a Sky Princess Facebook page by a gentleman that has been following the progress of the build.  I see no reason he would post a different ship and call it the Sky. 

That being said, it's why I posted this, because I too thought it was going to be a different look.

3 minutes ago, john_galt said:

Not sure that's the Sky. Latest photo I've seen was taken on July 18 (see link below). Notice the lifeboats are in place. There's been no movement from the dock since they turned on the transponder. I've been checking the position several times a day.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:5943236/mmsi:247393800/vessel:SKY%20PRINCESS

Thanks for posting this.  It seems the other photo could be mistaken.  The gentlemen said the ship has made 4 test runs and should start official sea trials in 3 weeks.  I guess we will know if the site you posted shows her sitting alongside the dock.  Very strange!

I AM eager to see the sea walk - when I first saw deck plans I interpreted it as a bump-out for extra deck space with built in seating at the rail.  The solid deck + floor viewing ports makes lots more sense.  😃

Edited by LoriPhil
  • Like 1

So, take this for what you feel it's worth...I received a message from the guy that posted the above photo...he confirmed with his contact working there in Italy...that is indeed the Sky Princess.  The reason the Seawalk doesn't look correct is because they had problems with the panels when they took it on a test run and had to pull them off.  There will be panels covering the openings as opposed to the Royal or Regal.

Like I said before, no reason to believe the guy is intentionally misleading anyone...but I will consider his confirmation to be legit.  Either way, 130 days from now I'll be on her and sailing the Caribbean!!!  Yippee!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3