EZAir & Transfers

Anubi

Looking for some help.  We are using EZAir to fly into Berlin a few days before our cruise and we are also staying a few days post cruise.  When our TA booked our transfers she got push back from Princess saying we aren’t eligible because we aren’t flying in and out on the date of sailing.  She has managed to get the transfers but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.  Getting from Berlin to Warnemunde is best done using the transfer.

I don't see why it would be a problem considering you would meet at the meet-up spot where the transfer will then transport you. I flew in the night before to Anchorage to take the transfer to Whittier the following day. I think there might have been some miscommunication because that doesn't make sense to me.

I know it sounds odd, our TA said it was odd but that's what she was told.  I've started looking at other ways from Berlin to Warnemunde and we can take a bus independently for a lot less and a lot earlier.  

The whole situation is odd which is why I wanted opinions from anyone else who may have done this.  🙂 

Never had an issue....we did that in London/Heathrow, and frequently with the transfer to/from SeaTac/Vancouver. Since we never fly in the day of the cruise, and do not fly out of SeaTac the day of the transfer, it could have come up, but never has. You will be fine. When are you doing this one? And, have a blast in the UK.

Princess provides transfers if you book their pre cruise hotel package. I think you would have to get yourself over to the hotel at the proper time to get the transfer. You could also get yourself back to the airport. Of course this would have to be all at the right times. I don't think there is any issue with the transfer after disembarking providing you are flying home from Berlin. I do think it would be easier to arrange your own transfer to the ship from Berlin.

Another option is the Princess pre cruise hotel package. Below is what Princess advertises. Note prices are per person and include the transfers. Two nights for two is US$986. You may want to compare this to your costs.

Movenpick Hotel

Movenpick Hotel

This sophisticated hotel in central Berlin is located near Potsdamer Platz in the city center.

1 night from $429
Additional nights from $69

We actually were in Berlin for 2 weeks prior to our cruise and just arranged for a Princess transfer to the ship from the airport ( it is a one hour + drive to the pier)...do it on-line yourself and enter it under the  independent air arrangements...order a taxi from your hotel front desk to the airport...the Princess transfer people meet in the center section by all the shops and restaurants...its easy and straight-forward

Yes we are using a TA so it has to go thru them. 

However, I have been doing some research and we can get a bus much cheaper - doing it ourselves its under $100CDN vs $514CDN using the Princess transfer.  We also have a choice of time, leaving as early as 6:45am.  So we are going to cancel the Princess transfer and go DIY.  Problem solved.  🚌🛳️