Upgrading cabin after final payment, can you lose OBC

So we booked our next cruise for August of 2020 (Harmony), while on board the Allure a few weeks ago.

We received those OBC perks offered for booking  on board.

I see many of the summer cruise in 2020  have increased in $$$$ compared to this summer.

So after we make our final payment next year and the prices drop lets say of a Crown Loft suite (currently in GS).

And we pay to move up to this cabin, would we lose anything that was given to us by booking onboard?

Thank you.

Edited by Lionesss

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That’s promo OBC you are losing, you wouldn’t lose on board booking OBC the OP is talking about. 

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

You would not lose the OBC for the Next Cruise booking but you could lose any promo OBC that was available at that time

Yes I know. I was referring to Molly's statement.  I guess I should have quoted her in my response. Thanks.

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

You would not lose the OBC for the Next Cruise booking but you could lose any promo OBC that was available at that time

That is odd because we lost our OBC for booking onboard when we upgraded our cabin.

There is no easy answer. It depends on where the OBC credit came from and what offer you are moving to. That is the answer I got from the on board agent when I asked a few months ago. One of those RCL mysteries.

52 minutes ago, jrmende63 said:

That is odd because we lost our OBC for booking onboard when we upgraded our cabin.

You shouldn't have.  I was assured when I booked on board that I could make any change to the cabin and the OBC would remain the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is very easy for OBC to “fall off” the reservation “accidentally”. All it takes is a phone call to have it reapplied. 

It did not fall off accidentally, the RC person told me it would be lost if we took the lower price and moved our cabin. 

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

You shouldn't have.  I was assured when I booked on board that I could make any change to the cabin and the OBC would remain the same.

Live and learn. We were new to Royal and did not know. But now we do. Thank you.

We are sailing on the Allure this month we upgraded to a CLS after final payment because they ran a great sale. We lost the OBC we had and I had already used it so we had those shore excursion, ship activities like the Prohibition Party we had to repurchase 🤪 still worth it to me we got a super sweet deal on a suite which outweigh any ship promotion we had to for go. I will say we are far more loyal to NCL and with NCL we wouldn’t have lost it based on past experience. Happy sailing 😋

There are a few rare times when I upgraded that I lost OBC...but when I weighed the options of taking the discounted rate for the upgrade, to losing 100 OBC...I went with the upgrade.  

Just making minor changes (cabin location, adding grats, etc.) will not cause you to lose OBC.  

One thing I always do, is to ask to make sure the OBC has transferred over to the new confirmation before they send me email copy.  AND lately the adding of the Vacation Protection Package scam has come under play. If you did not take, and do not want that option...also make sure you remind the agent not to "mysteriously" add that in.  

Then carefully check your confirmation when you get it.