RCCL Cannabis Policy. Where? What?

2 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

I totally agree. With a subject like this I also wouldn´t rely on the Point "well if nobody on an Internet message board can provide me with the information that it´s not allowed it must be good to take".

Call them and if someone on the phone tells you "yes" get it in writing!!!

I have no intention of taking anything unless I can confirm the policy. I'm not concerned about jail (cannabis is legal in Canada), I am concerned about violating RCCL policy. Hence, I'm on here to see if the experts here can point me to the policy.

1 minute ago, gospelle said:

jail? perhaps you're not aware, cannabis is totally legal in Canada. I would absolutely not end up in jail.  As I've stated in the original post, and again in my responses, we are boarding in Canada and the first few ports of call are in Canada. There would be zero possibility of jail.

While it might not end you in jail whilst calling in Canadian port it probably could if not disposed off before leaving the last Canadian port. In Addition it could easily get you booted off the ship or denied Boarding. If not allowed OnBoard, even though legal in Canada they could well handle this differently than an iron or bottle of booze.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CruisingNole said:

I don't know the policy, but I know they don't allow it. Just google "royal caribbean marijuana" and you will find many recent news articles written about people being placed under arrest.

I would contact the corporation directly for a definitive policy. 

Someone on the phone is not a "definitive policy". A Policy document is a definitive policy. Know where I can find that?

But that's the whole point of this. I want to know if it's permitted or not.

I agree that Royal's published policy is lacking in details, like virtually all Royal written communications.  The policy clearly says illegal drugs are not permitted, but for a company that routinely travels to different countries, one would think that this should be more clearly defined as these laws differ from country to country.    However, I do know that they consider cannibis illegal on board and  I've seen people turned over to local authorities (US, Bahamas, Jamaica) when they are discovered to have cannibis.   

3 minutes ago, gospelle said:

I have no intention of taking anything unless I can confirm the policy. I'm not concerned about jail (cannabis is legal in Canada), I am concerned about violating RCCL policy. Hence, I'm on here to see if the experts here can point me to the policy.

People have done that - Call them to ask for their Policy.

• Like 1

You said all the ports are not in Canada. You could be arrested in a non Canadian port. People are arrested on the ship while in Bermuda all the time. In the US it is not legal at the federal level. Police have come onboard and arrested passengers.

Just take it and quit arguing with everyone telling you not to take it. Obviously you don’t like the answers here. If you get away with it, then great. If not, that’s your issue. Take edibles, probably safer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 123funcruiser said:

While it might not end you in jail whilst calling in Canadian port it probably could if not disposed off before leaving the last Canadian port. In Addition it could easily get you booted off the ship or denied Boarding. If not allowed OnBoard, even though legal in Canada they could well handle this differently than an iron or bottle of booze.

Did you not read my original post? 

1 minute ago, 123funcruiser said:

People have done that - Call them to ask for their Policy.

I'd rather have someone here post it. Then the next guy looking for the answer can see it without a hundred people telling them to "just call". So please, everyone, stop asking me to call.

14 minutes ago, CruisingNole said:

It amazes me that people seek answers on an internet forum from random strangers regarding a matter that could potentially land them in jail as opposed to contacting the company setting such policies. Anonymous people on the internet are not exactly the most trustworthy source.

Totally agree! SMH!

• Like 1

I'd rather have someone here post it. Then the next guy looking for the answer can see it without a hundred people telling them to "just call". So please, everyone, stop asking me to call.

OK, instead of calling, you should write them so you can get whatever they answer in writing.😜

• Like 1

Just now, gospelle said:

You are correct the page on the RCCL page does not explicitly deny legal marijuana. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

However it does prohibit illegal drugs and as it has been stated the RCCL ships sail under authority of the Bahamas where it is illegal. In most cases ignorance of the law is not a defense. It doesn't matter whether you know the laws of the Bahamas or maritime law - they apply if you sail on a RCCL ship. Additionally, you under the laws of the port the ship docks at while there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Just take it and quit arguing with everyone telling you not to take it. Obviously you don’t like the answers here. If you get away with it, then great. If not, that’s your issue. Take edibles, probably safer.

I don't want to "get away with" anything. I want to know the rules. Edibles are not legal in Canada currently. 

5 minutes ago, CruisingNole said:

Are you trolling, or just stoned?

THERE ARE NO EXPERTS ON AN ANONYMOUS MESSAGE FORUM. CONTACT ROYAL CARIBBEAN DIRECTLY.

This ^^^^

5 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

and this ^^^

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gospelle said:

So why don't you be that person? You call, get the policy and then you post it for the next guy...Just sayin'

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

This can be found only from RCI! It certainly can´t be found on a message board.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum who know exactly where to find the link to the right document. Happens here all the time. Of course a hundred people with opinions will chime in, but eventually someone who knows the answer will provide it.

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I agree that Royal's published policy is lacking in details, like virtually all Royal written communications.  The policy clearly says illegal drugs are not permitted, but for a company that routinely travels to different countries, one would think that this should be more clearly defined as these laws differ from country to country.    However, I do know that they consider cannibis illegal on board and  I've seen people turned over to local authorities (US, Bahamas, Jamaica) when they are discovered to have cannibis.   

In US, Bahamas, and Jamaica cannabis is illegal, so that makes total sense. What is true there is not necessarily true in Canada where it is legal. Are they considering it illegal "on board" because it's illegal in the country they're in or because that's their policy? that's the real question. That's what I'm hoping to discover.

10 minutes ago, CruisingNole said:

Are you trolling, or just stoned?

THERE ARE NO EXPERTS ON AN ANONYMOUS MESSAGE FORUM. CONTACT ROYAL CARIBBEAN DIRECTLY.

I've been on this forum since it's inception. I can guarantee you there are plenty of experts on here. 

Not trolling. Not stoned.

It seems the Canadian Government can provide the answer to your Question...

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/cannabis-and-international-travel

When leaving a Country OnBoard a ship you are Crossing a border, even if your next port of call will be in the same Country again. You will be leaving the countries territory as the ship will be in international water. 

• Like 2

In US, Bahamas, and Jamaica cannabis is illegal, so that makes total sense. What is true there is not necessarily true in Canada where it is legal. Are they considering it illegal "on board" because it's illegal in the country they're in or because that's their policy? that's the real question. That's what I'm hoping to discover.

Good luck.  I'd be surprised if Royal published a definitive, non-ambiguous written policy on this.  Maybe if/when US federal law gets changed, they will flesh out some details like they do for the alcohol policy they follow, which is mostly based on laws in force where they sail.   Right now they just say "illegal" for drugs without defining the locality of those laws, which is not useful.