2021 cruises.

chromered7

The brochure probably won't be out until around November.

MSC does not release all of its inventory at once.  Also, they open up different cabins to different regions.  At any given time, you could be limited in your choice of cabin number.  Sometimes a certain category will show up as "Sold Out" in one country, when there would be cabins available elsewhere, so, the answer to your question re YC balcony cabins selling quickly, the answer is: No.  You'll often find them available close to sailing after the Americans have dumped their 'hold' on cabins up to final payment day.

But if you want to be able to smoothly book a YC cabin for the itinerary you want, the practical answer to your question is "Yes, YC cabins go quickly."  I snagged the last one on the Sep. 28 Seaview sailing on Jan. 8, and the category has stayed sold out (with maybe 1 odd cabin popping up and quickly going again).  If you don't want to be stuck all the way forward on the top deck, book early!

6 hours ago, chromered7 said:

We want to try Yacht Club  in 2021 and would like a to know when the brochure will be out. Also do Yacht Club balcony cabins go quickly?

I've had trouble booking the YC BUT it is likely because we want only the TA/repositioning cruises so whenever I look they are mostly sold out except for the Dubai ones which doesn't interest me. I jumped on one 18 months ahead of time and it was the last YC cabin available and whenever I check it is still sold out, the same with the only other one I booked, 18 months plus and it never opened up, even after final payment days (we wanted to change our location so checked daily but ultimately LOVED where they put us) so perhaps Beamafar has had no issues on other itineraries, I find the 'grand voyages' to be difficult to snag.

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Totally disagree with the previous poster's comments having done 21 cruises with MSC.

Host Jazzbeau ... remind us, please, how many MSC cruises you've booked?

1.  How many times do you need to miss out on an itinerary you wanted because all YC cabins were booked?  Obviously YMMV.  For me, the answer is 'none.'

On 8/11/2019 at 11:28 AM, mickey89 said:

I will be cancelling (14nts) 17th Oct 2020 YC booking on SEASIDE tomorrow.

Cabin 18033 will become available - one of the larger YC YIN cabins.........if anyone is interested ?

Astonished to see the cabin I just cancelled re-listed on MSC website at over £1000pp more than what I was too pay.

It makes my Celebrity deal even better, Yacht Club is now over priced. 

2 hours ago, mickey89 said:

Astonished to see the cabin I just cancelled re-listed on MSC website at over £1000pp more than what I was too pay.

The same with airline tickets... no surprise here. Book early and save. Yacht Club is not overpriced, in my opinion still a very good value.

2 hours ago, mickey89 said:

£2,609 pp for a YC Inside on our Xmas Meraviglia cruise, as you say over priced.

1 hour ago, SirWolf said:

The same with airline tickets... no surprise here. Book early and save. Yacht Club is not overpriced, in my opinion still a very good value.

I switched from Celebrity due to their price hikes and tried MSC Yacht earlier this year, enjoyed it greatly but the big disappointment was the dining experience even in the Yacht Club. It just could not compare to Murano restaurant on Celebrity, it was like comparing a Michelin star restaurant to a roadside cafe.  

Celebrity pricing had increased considerably but recently their pricing has become more realistic definitely when comparing to the astonishing rise in MSC YC prices. I have been able to book Celebrity Reflection on a 21 night Caribbean cruise dining in Murano every night in a hump balcony cabin cheaper than a Seaside YC inside cabin for just 14 nights.  Over priced - yes it is.

I have 2 MSC YC cruises booked, so glad they were booked in the US, which are definitely in jeopardy if Celebrity pricing holds firm in the coming months.

Edited by mickey89

2 hours ago, sidari said:

£2,609 pp for a YC Inside on our Xmas Meraviglia cruise, as you say over priced.

YC on the new ships definitely is - down to having YC insides which has pushed up the prices of YC balcony cabins significantly.  We're getting a YC1 on Preziosa for a much lower price per week September 2020 for what we're paying for a YIN on Seaview for the same time of year in 2 weeks' time.

37 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

.......down to having YC insides which has pushed up the prices of YC balcony cabins significantly. 

Don't quite understand your rational, definitely not on this cruise - 17th Oct 2020 Seaside the YC1 cabin is just £350 more than YIN cabin. ( YIN - £3439pp / YC1 - £3789 )

34 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

That's on THAT cruise.  I could point to many, many others where the price differential between YINs and YC1s is greater.

Absolutely, the price difference between a YIN and YC1 for our forthcoming Meraviglia is £1000pp 😮

Edit: That's between our price and current price. Ignore everything I just said 😂

Edited by CruisingFox27

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Absolutely, the price difference between a YIN and YC1 for our forthcoming Meraviglia is £1000pp 😮

The difference on ours (seeing as it was deemed fit to refer to one sailing specifically) is a whopping €3330 PER PERSON MORE!!!!   (That's for 23 nights - €6329 VS €9659.  They are pp rates!!!).

Meraviglia is doing a similar cruise from Southampton in September 2021 with stops in Belfast, Iceland overnight, Sydney in Canada, Halifax Canada then NYC.

Edited by sidari