Back to back cruise questions ....

YWW

8 hours ago, nanwel said:

I think that if you are b2b the point that every passenger must be off the ship seems to miss their brains at some point.

They feel, we are not leaving at this port, so we do not need to get off! Wrong!! You must get off and restart on the next leg of the journey , usually with a new pass card id.

If they have the same room they are probably on the balcony sitting watching the rest of the passengers empty - or sitting having a coffee and just relaxing - with no thought to anything! or anyone!

The only thing that perplexes me is that on Medallion ships they should be able to locate those missing passengers almost immediately and yet it still take the crew up to an hour at times to find them. 

I think they should me made to go through imaginations with the rest of the people when they do arrive & then made to sit in the lounge for the same amount of time afterwards to contemplate their actions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nanwel said:

There  needs to be some sort of warning if they are not at the point they need to be by a certain time they could be fined/ and list the $ value of that fine. Maybe some of the dozers would read that and get there.

👍

48 minutes ago, Broadside said:

Well... it is their cruise and you know just a - suggested-  time 🙄😉

The problem seems to have escalated over the years to the point that you can almost count on people making others wait 30, 40 or even 60 minutes.

Sometimes there are 300-400 people doing the B2B so I've just accepted the fact that there will be a long wait & leave the ship around 8 AM.

In Ft Lauderdale there are loads of stores to wander around in so rather than getting myself aggravated I just go for a morning walk. I've resigned myself to the fact that they just don't care. I often wondered what they could be doing that takes precedence over a scheduled walk through? 

Even the Medallion system or numerous announcements hasn't helped locate those missing inconsiderate's.   

On 8/11/2019 at 12:18 PM, UT-Volsfan said:

A couple of days before the end of your first cruise you should receive a letter explaining the procedure for passengers staying on board for the next cruise.  They should give you a time for them to move you. As previously mentioned, leave hanging items on hangers and pack loose items in your bags. The steward will bring a cart to move you to your new cabin. They are very quick and efficient.

Many places you can leave the ship after moving.  The letter will explain if you need to go thru Canadian immigration.

You should also receive an In Transit Passenger card for each of you.  This allows you to reboard the ship at your discretion, even when the new passengers are having to wait in the terminal.

You will not have to do the Muster drill on your second cruise.  We enjoy sitting on the balcony having a drink during the exercise.

Is that correct that on Princess, you do not have to go to the second muster drill if you are doing a b2b (we are actually doing a b2b2b)?  On other cruise lines we have been on, you have to go to ALL muster drills no matter how often you cruise.  Would be nice to avoid it if possible!

46 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

The problem seems to have escalated over the years to the point that you can almost count on people making others wait 30, 40 or even 60 minutes.

Sometimes there are 300-400 people doing the B2B so I've just accepted the fact that there will be a long wait & leave the ship around 8 AM.

In Ft Lauderdale there are loads of stores to wander around in so rather than getting myself aggravated I just go for a morning walk. I've resigned myself to the fact that they just don't care. I often wondered what they could be doing that takes precedence over a scheduled walk through? 

Even the Medallion system or numerous announcements hasn't helped locate those missing inconsiderate's.   

Do you have to wait for general boarding, or can you go right back on with the others that did the group customs. 1st b2b out of FLL in March.

Mahalo

1 minute ago, Yehootu said:

Do you have to wait for general boarding, or can you go right back on with the others that did the group customs. 1st b2b out of FLL in March.

Mahalo

If you get off on your own you have to wait for general boarding to get back on the ship and not reboard with the group that did the walk off. 

They give you an in-transit card which allows you to bypass checkin & generally go right on if there in the boarding process. You don't have to wait for queing with everyone else.

I'm always back for lunch as soon as the buffet opens at 11:30. 

44 minutes ago, crusin'k said:

Is that correct that on Princess, you do not have to go to the second muster drill if you are doing a b2b (we are actually doing a b2b2b)?  On other cruise lines we have been on, you have to go to ALL muster drills no matter how often you cruise.  Would be nice to avoid it if possible!

We have always been excused from the 2nd mister.  1 should do it if you are on the same ship

14 hours ago, crusin'k said:

Maritime regulations require going to a muster at least once every 30 days. Princess thus will not require you to attend a 2nd muster that is within that 30 day period.

I do not know why others cruise lines require attendance at every muster even within that 30 days.

Today is disembarkation day in Quebec City. Our transition from our old cabin to new cabin for our B2B cruise occurred without any hiccups and went much smoothly than we had anticipated. We didn't have to report to any place on ship to officially disembark and reembark. A Princess staff showed up at our old cabin with a rolling "closet" at 9ish. He moved everything including our luggage to our new cabin. By 10am we were fully moved in and our Princess Medallions were immediately switched over to the new cabin. The only thing we need to carry today is a temporary transit card to allow us to get ashore. However, the MedallionNet issue of not giving us the 250 minutes for this voyage is still unresolved. As mentioned before, MedallionNet doesn't recognize B2B cruises as two separate cruises, it considers all B2B cruises as just one continuous cruise. Met two other passengers doing the same B2B cruise like us and they have the same issue. Will talk to Internet Mgr today again. We think it's a programming issue with the MedallionNet but Princess has so far failed to acknowledge this problem. 

While Maritime regulations require passengers go to a muster at least once every 30 days, there is a suggestion that it be every 10 days.  Princess takes the route that is the least interruption for their passengers while other lines prefer to take what they feel is the safest route for their passengers.  On Oceania they have mandatory muster after 10 days or so on longer single voyages as well as the start of each cruise.

For someone doing their first B2B be prepared for repeating menus and repeating shows.  All the Princess production shows will repeat.  Guest entertainers may or may not - sometimes a guest entertainer will do a show near the end of 1 cruise and then then same show near the start of the next cruise before leaving. 

On 8/11/2019 at 9:37 AM, UT-Volsfan said:

Very good reminder. We were on a cruise where two B2B passengers delayed all of us for over an hour because they did not show up and did not respond to shipwide announcements.

EDIT: Never mind. Should read the entire thread before replying and stating the same thing several others have already stated. D'Oh!

Edited by Thrak

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

EDIT: Never mind. Should read the entire thread before replying and stating the same thing several others have already stated. D'Oh!

Even with the Medallions it doesn't happen. They are only sent a letter letting them know they've missed a mucter and detailing the instructions to read.