The forward/aft cabin?

lucas34

Hi all,

I got very nice deal for Carnival Splendor Los Angeles-Singapore cruise but there is only 2 cabin choice - the forward (8P/Spa Balcony/Panorama Deck) or the aft (8M/Aft Extended Balcony/Empress Deck). As we know the forward cabins are the most affected by waves as well as the noise from the bow thrusters.

And with the aft cabins might experience vibrations from the anchor or engine as well as these cabins can reflect the motion of the sea. So which one I should take for this longer cruise?

2 minutes ago, lucas34 said:

the forward (8P/Spa Balcony/Panorama Deck) or the aft (8M/Aft Extended Balcony/Empress Deck).

Do you want to enjoy the Spa, or enjoy the view whilst having a bigger balcony?

3 minutes ago, lucas34 said:

As we know the forward cabins are the most affected by waves as well as the noise from the bow thrusters.

You would be on Deck 10, meaning you will not hear the bow thrusters except maybe when pulling away from port.

6 minutes ago, lucas34 said:

And with the aft cabins might experience vibrations from the anchor or engine as well as these cabins can reflect the motion of the sea.

The only chance of hearing the engines would be if you were on a lower deck or if something were wrong. Otherwise, your only concern would be the waves. If you are really concerned about sea sickness, choose the Spa cabin.

1 minute ago, lucas34 said:

vibrations from the anchor

The anchor is attached to the bow of the ship.

• Like 1

For us it would definitely be “forward spa balcony” and particularly with more days at sea it would be perfect location for access fitness area as well as spa. We prefer Forward Cabins on any cruise and often choose Panorama Deck if available. Great location!

Edited by cellfree

Aft.  Anywhere, anytime.  For me it's all about sitting on my balcony in the morning, sipping my coffee and watching the dolphins jumping in the wake.  You also don't get as much wind off the back either.  You may get a little more vibration aft, but that view is sooo worth it!

• Thanks 1

Well this will be new to me, as I have a forward on the "end" of the ship on deck 6 Horizon.  Hopefully we will not be tossed and turned too much.  The other 3 couples have balcony's in mid ship on this deck, but balcony's don't do anything for me.  With the room that I picked, we can walk right out to the deck, and the steps down to deck 5 is right there too.  Guess we'll find out in March if I picked the right room or not.  Looks like most of you that have posted here say go Aft.

I am an Aft person.  I love the aft balcony for the lounge chair.  I find the aft balcony not near as windy when the ship is moving as the side balconies.  The Hallways at the aft are very quiet as the only people walking by are the passengers staying in the aft.  I have stayed in 8461 on the Splendor.  This balcony is much wider than the other aft balconies.  I LOVED that cabin.