Oceania Club benefit timing

KirkNC

Credits are applied based on the Booking number. Also, pay attention to the credit thresholds, 25 days =2, 35 =3, etc. 

We are on B2B Grand Voyages with two separate Booking numbers so we will earn 1 credit and then 2 credits for the longer second GV cruise. 
Ciao,

Mauibabes

• Thanks 1

I'm pretty sure a World Cruise gives 15 credits, also pretty sure it gives you 15 times your Club Benefits. BUT, hopefully someone that has actually been or is going could chime in on this thread. I'm pretty sure this is what I've read others report. 

On 10/31/2021 at 12:07 PM, Eight_Paws said:

Well, drat.  If you took multiple short cruises and strung them together as a DIY long voyage, you'd get the benefits for each cruise, but if you booked the one larger voyage you don't?  Hope there are significant enough pricing benefits on the larger voyage to make up for it..

You should price out the individual segments of the ATW cruise and compare the cost to the ATW cruise cost.  The ATW is a bargain.  And that does not include all the perks that the ATW world cruisers get, laundry, first class airfare, gratuities, special onboard events, etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORV said:

I'm pretty sure a World Cruise gives 15 credits, also pretty sure it gives you 15 times your Club Benefits. BUT, hopefully someone that has actually been or is going could chime in on this thread. I'm pretty sure this is what I've read others report. 

You do receive 15 credits for an ATW cruise but you only receive the perks for the loyalty level that puts you at.....no different than a cruise that gives you 2 credits, you receive the perks of the loyalty level that puts you at.  If you have never sailed on Oceania, go on a ATW cruise, the 15 credits will put you at the Gold level and you receive the perks for that level.

8 minutes ago, basor said:

You do receive 15 credits for an ATW cruise but you only receive the perks for the loyalty level that puts you at.....no different than a cruise that gives you 2 credits, you receive the perks of the loyalty level that puts you at.  If you have never sailed on Oceania, go on a ATW cruise, the 15 credits will put you at the Gold level and you receive the perks for that level.

Yes, but what the poster was asking is this; Since they would be Gold when stepping on board and the Gold Benefit is $400 do they get $400 x 15 = $6000? I think they do. I have no idea if they get 15 times the Stockholder benefit. 

20 minutes ago, ORV said:

Yes, but what the poster was asking is this; Since they would be Gold when stepping on board and the Gold Benefit is $400 do they get $400 x 15 = $6000? I think they do. I have no idea if they get 15 times the Stockholder benefit. 

Yes, thank you -- that is exactly my question.  Probably the shareholder OBC is less likely to 'multiply', so was looking for the loyalty OBC.  We have sailed a couple times with Oceania already and have a couple more cruises on the books.  We are looking forward to taking longer voyages post retirement, hence why I was interested in the OBC loyalty math for longer, multi-credit-earning cruises.  

5 minutes ago, Eight_Paws said:

Yes, thank you -- that is exactly my question.  Probably the shareholder OBC is less likely to 'multiply', so was looking for the loyalty OBC.  We have sailed a couple times with Oceania already and have a couple more cruises on the books.  We are looking forward to taking longer voyages post retirement, hence why I was interested in the OBC loyalty math for longer, multi-credit-earning cruises.  

The World Cruise is a different animal, and one that doesn't always follow the same policies as others.

Multiple cruises strung together, 2, 3, 4 is a subject that Flatbush Flyer has posted many times, on. It all depends on the booking numbers I think. It also depends on how they're marketed. Some multi segment cruises you can not book as back to back if they are sold as an Extended Voyage. This is where a good knowledge of how Oceania works on these, or having a TA that understands Oceania's system comes in good. Bottom line is that not all multi segment cruises get Club benefits for each segment, nor do you get Cruise Credits for each one. See Mauibabes post #52 above

5 hours ago, ORV said:

That would be nice to receive all that OBC but unfortunately no.......ATW is handled much differently than any other cruise and the full ATW passengers receive many other benefits like pre paid grautities, free laundry, free medical, etc. so that makes up for receiving only the loyaly perks for your level as 1 booking (irregardless of the number of credits).   I have friends that were on the 2020 shortened ATW cruise and are booked on the 2022 ATW cruise starting in January.  I checked with them.  If you take a 25 days cruise that gives you 2 credits, you do not get twice the loyalty perks...if you book the 25 day cruise as 2 separate cruises (IE - you have 2 separate booking numbers) than you receive loyalty perks for each separate booking.

27 minutes ago, basor said:

That would be nice to receive all that OBC but unfortunately no.......ATW is handled much differently than any other cruise and the full ATW passengers receive many other benefits like pre paid grautities, free laundry, free medical, etc. so that makes up for receiving only the loyaly perks for your level as 1 booking (irregardless of the number of credits).   I have friends that were on the 2020 shortened ATW cruise and are booked on the 2022 ATW cruise starting in January.  I checked with them.  If you take a 25 days cruise that gives you 2 credits, you do not get twice the loyalty perks...if you book the 25 day cruise as 2 separate cruises (IE - you have 2 separate booking numbers) than you receive loyalty perks for each separate booking.

Thank you for validating!

43 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Oceania should revamp their loyalty plan.  Points per cruise is absurd.  A short cruise counts the same as a long one?  Not equitable. Points per night makes more sense.  It will also encourage booking longer trips.

That would be so nice .....out of 11 cruises, 9 have been between 19 and 23 days long and so only 1 credit each and the other 2 were 14 and 16 😞  leaving on Thursday for another 22 day cruise!

On 11/2/2021 at 7:16 PM, Redtravel said:

Oceania should revamp their loyalty plan.  Points per cruise is absurd.  A short cruise counts the same as a long one?  Not equitable. Points per night makes more sense.  It will also encourage booking longer trips.

Oh but they DO count point on days.  See the link below.  It's just that to earn more than one point you must sail for 25 days.  We are currently booked on a 24 day cruise which is also offered as two 12 day cruises.  Oceania is rather clever to offer extended voyages which count as 1 booking.  Often these voyages are 22-24 days long, so no extra points.  If you can find back to back cruises that are not also offered as an extended voyage, then you can accrue additional points. (FF & Pinotlover explain this in detail far better than I do)  All this to say that Oceania has adjusted the loyalty plan in their favor.  But in our opinion it is still a better offering than most cruise lines that we might consider.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/viewer.html?pdfurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.oceaniacruises.com%2FImages%2FEmailAssets%2Fdomestic%2FSales%2F81604468085%2FMAR183971_OceaniaClubFlyer_new2.pdf&clen=131623