Bar service

chmusar

1 hour ago, dpostman said:

Sorry but I'm on Brilliance now as I write this and after about day 3 or 4, the 3 of 4 bars I frequent the most dont even swipe my card or my wife's anymore.  I offer them our cards and they just wave it away.

I'm just mentioning this beacause apparently they do not have to scan cards, and if they know you, it looks like it is easier and more efficient to enter it themselves rather than scan your cards.

But the first few days, I just gave them our 2 cards and we never seen a slip to sign yet except at vintages when we order wine that is above the package allowance.

dp

Just like anything else it probably depends on the ship and the bartender. Our experiences have varied. Some bartenders don't swipe if you're on your second round at the same bar. They just pull you up on their computer. Others have always swiped unless it was for water. I always leave my card up on the bar so it's there if they want it. Just our experience.

On 8/17/2019 at 3:16 PM, vacationlover_mn said:

Interesting! I’ve never had that happen...

They always swipe both cards for me throughout the whole cruise.  I would imagine that they have to account for the drinks for inventory purposes.

14 minutes ago, maxxboy said:

As far as the Deluxe Drink Package, is there a time limit as to how often you can get an alcoholic drink and then order another?

No time limit, but only one drink at a time.

8 hours ago, Big_G said:

They use to do that when we used our drink vouchers but I've never seen them do it with the package.

This is if we use a bar during Diamond HH.

Last June on Freedom we had to show both cards for the DDP.

I gave $1 per drink tip so they just returned our cards with our drinks and rarely asked us to sign.

Edited by grapau27

On 8/17/2019 at 9:34 AM, chmusar said:

Never had a drinks package before was wondering if i go to bar and i want 2 drinks can i just show my wifes pass or does she need to come to the bar with me 

nope, I get drinks for both of us all the time.  As long as you have both cards, no issue at all. 

I will say, the guys that walk around with the beer/wine in the ice bin coolers, once he knows me, he says "I have your cabin number" and I never have to show a card.  If I go to a bar with a register, they typically do swipe them.

Edited by karena1