Carnival Glory - LIVE - Aug 25-Sep 1 - NOLA - Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Saint Greg

Went and played a little blackjack. Wanted to do the $10 table for some more experienced players but it was full. Ended up with some good ones at the $6 table. Got up over $100 but hit a bad streak and lost the winnings. Technically I won $8 but I just gave that to the dealer and left even.

I want to catch the opening. Spend about an hour there then get ready for dinner.

One thing I do like about this class of ship is the sports bar. The quality of the TVs about as good as Vista. When I was on Triumph I believe they had two big screens and they stretched the picture so it was a little blurry. This is nice.

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Deck 4 aft. There are what seems to be relatively unknown bathrooms tucked away on most of the ships I’ve been on. Women on one side. Men on the other. This is where the crew come for #2 because nobody uses these bathrooms...except me.

Its very convenient to the comedy club. On Dream they actually have bathrooms outside the comedy club. Of course a line forms when the show lets out. Just walk past the line and go down a flight of stairs...no line.

066E6EB4-6858-44C9-9E09-6D7B6FDD6BA2.thumb.jpeg.0fcdab4d3760e3719ec6b0f4fe0fb112.jpeg

F57440EF-FB15-4412-A122-EC3E8333A607.thumb.jpeg.cf46d3edd4f71f9f7a21e403466aef6a.jpeg

Make sure you go and find the "secret hot tub" near the spa in the front of the ship...

11 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm going to have to get you to mail me some of that spicy ketchup... The closest Whataburger to Atlanta is in the middle of Alabama... Possible labor day weekend road trip...

It’s on amazon.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

I couldn't understand what he said!!   What is that thing and what is it doing???

The absinthe drip. They use the same contraption at the olde absinthe house I covered in New Orleans. I was going to try to catch that on video but nobody ordered absinthe while I was there. This is the first time I’ve seen them do it at the alchemy.

https://www.behindthebar.com/blog/how-to-perform-a-traditional-absinthe-drip/

Edited by Saint Greg

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

The absinthe drip. They use the same contraption at the olde absinthe house I covered in New Orleans. I was going to try to catch that on video but nobody ordered absinthe while I was there. First time I’ve seen them do it at the alchemy.

https://www.behindthebar.com/blog/how-to-perform-a-traditional-absinthe-drip/

Well, still learning things at my ripe old age!!!   Thanks for the explanation

It’s nice of them but I wouldn’t touch that if it was the last food on the ship. Are they going to throw this away? Or give it to someone else? I don’t know. That’s why I can’t do it. I’m about to go to dinner anyway. Oh crap. I gotta go now.

55392920-404C-4815-A20E-012A6F60BA41.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Deck 11?

Yes... Enter through the spa entrance from the elevator bank. There's also a glass enclosed staircase in the area that goes around the "secret hot tub" but you can't get to it from there...

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

It’s nice of them but I wouldn’t touch that if it was the last food on the ship. Are they going to throw this away? Or give it to someone else? I don’t know. That’s why I can’t do it. I’m about to go to dinner anyway. Oh crap. I gotta go now.

55392920-404C-4815-A20E-012A6F60BA41.jpeg

Now, I'm ocd as a mo-fo, but I ended up scarfing down trays full of that awesome cheese, Brazil nuts, and olives...

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

This is the room they making into the comedy club on sunrise, sunshine, radiance types. Love the bar. Hate the size of the room.

It seems like a waste of space. We had adult games and quest in there on freedom...and that’s the only time I’ve been in there.

E7F85147-6863-47EF-8888-A3D8113A85BE.jpeg

570DDC93-5D1D-4302-86F0-43E787B27048.jpeg

The Ivory Club. So sad - Back in the day this was the cigar bar. I don't smoke, but DH and I loved this bar for after-dinner drinks and jazz. Last time we were on Glory in 2014 it was about the loneliest place on the ship - about all they used the bar for was filling drink orders in the aft dining room, and there was no entertainment.

Enjoying your review!