Oasis Cancelled Cruise Credit NOT FAIR!!

4 hours ago, ace1zoe2 said:

I agree with the OP. We had something similar happen.

Had a currently booked cruise (#1) for 10/2019 purchased at $2300 total along with 4 other couples all booked at the same time for the same price.

Booked a cruise for 6/2020 (#2) with non-refundable cash deposit of $900 ($450pp for 13 nights). Later decided to change itinerary to sail with friends in 7/2020. Canceled this cruise (#2) with a $100pp penalty and received $700 FCC.

Had the FCC credit of $700 applied to the other cruise (#1) booking. Instead of showing it as a credit or a payment RCI issued a new confirmation with a total price of $1600. This was from the original $2300 cost less $700 FCC (which was refunded in lieu of the $700 refund on the cash deposit payment I had made on the canceled cruise.).

Few months down the road there was a price drop of  $500 on cruise (#1). Everyone called in got there reduction thru our TA. I called TA, they emailed me back and says RCI says your price is cheaper than the sale price so no reduction. It took 6 emails, 4 TA phone calls to RCI trying to explain. After another 2 phone calls from me to TA and TA to RCI before they finally understood...

I PAID $700 in cash for that FCC that they applied to the original balance of the cruise I booked which made my cost $2300 not $1600. Finally after checking with multiple people they agreed and I was given the new pricing. Then my $700 FCC was applied to that price. Otherwise I was paying $700 (cash) more than the other 4 couples all booked in the same category cabin and booked the same day.

There have been one or two more $25-$50 price drops but it wasn't worth the headache to go thru all that again for that small of an amount. $700 was a different story.

If the OP original cruise was canceled then his FCC should have been reinstated for future use or refunded in cash in my opinion.

Cindy

YOU, Cindy, have a real case.

44 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Does Royal offer Cash for issues onboard?  I thought it was with FCC. Never knew them to offer cash. Wouldn’t that be OBC instead and very different?  

Now that the loyalty issue is resolved.....

I've never heard of them giving cash, but I have heard of them giving FCC and OBC.  Even non-refundable OBC can be cashed out with a 5% fee.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kittentanz said:

I have FCC.  I accepted FCC because I am a Loyal RCL customer and I thought that because I am and the credits would be used on a future cruise that I would accept them in lieu of a refund for problems on an former cruise....

😊 And just be aware that if you are offered FCC instead of cash where cash was appropriate take the cash! As the promise of FCC being used "like cash" in RCL is not true!

Still not really sure about how your are explaining this...regardless, I do not see why anyone would take a FCC if they were offered the same amount in cash. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, marci22 said:

Still not really sure about how your are explaining this...regardless, I do not see why anyone would take a FCC if they were offered the same amount in cash. 

One point I was attempting to make. As Bob was saying, OBC may be cashed out. I’m not aware of FCC being cashed out. 

4 hours ago, marci22 said:

Here is my guess:

S/he was offered the FCC for a problem on board.  S/he accepted.  S/he is now assuming that s/he could have asked for cash and gotten it.  S/he is wrong.  🙂

• Like 1

If I understand this correctly. The OP is upset because the free cruise they received was in the amount they actually paid not the full price of the cruise, becuase they used a credit to pay for the original cruise.

My question is why would RC give you more than what you paid? They gave you what you were actually out in cash. 

Edited by tennislvr8

Rather than try to figure out apples & oranges to the OP for what he said, I'll just say this. OP, write a letter to the cruise line explaining your frustration over this because an over the phone conversation will lead to nothing. An effective letter, containing facts, and your displeasure over these facts, will lead you down a far better result. Also, make sure in your letter you state that you love Royal Caribbean and have been a loyal member for years. That will go far. I wish you sincere luck and success with this.

On 8/28/2019 at 5:25 PM, kittentanz said:

Correct..  Guest One is out 1000.00 in cruise credits for a future cruise that was "promised" to all cruisers..  "They issue it instead of cash, I'm assuming for a number of accounting reasons."  is exactly my point.. but it does not have the value of cash to RCL.

Good analysis....I see your point now!

On 8/30/2019 at 10:05 AM, mayleeman said:

Not if the original FCC was for cash spent previously. This is why we are asking the OP to delineate what it was for.

That doesn't matter. He received his credit back and the cash he paid for the cancelled cruise. In addition to that he received a "free" cruise in the amount of cash he actually paid. My numbers are off.... 

Original cruise.... $500 cruise credit + $1500 paid in cash. Royal gave back $500 cruise credit +$1500 cash. 

"Free Cruise".... Royal gave $1500 because that was the out of pocket cash the OP spent. 

I am failing to see how the OP wants more than what was paid out of pocket.