I know I'm being selfish - Freeport question

Susan in Maine

Were a bunch of posts deleted from this thread?  I see several quoted that are not shown as originals in the thread...very odd!

In any case, I would not think anyone selfish for wanting to know where they are going on a cruise.  The only thing is that some patience is required as the logistics of moving around ports can take some time.

I am curious as well.  We are scheduled to leave on the Glory in 9 days and have received no info about the subsitution for our Freeport stop.  Not that it's a big deal, as long as I am not at work, it's still vacation!!  It would just be nice to know in order to schedule an excursion to take the place of our Freeport snorkeling that was cancelled.

On Pride right now. We briefly stopped in Freeport to drop off what I think were minimal  (IMO) supplies. I imagined they were delivering more . Left in less than 1.5 hrs.  Off for a sea day.  Fourth one on this  7 day cruise.  Carnival reimbursed $10.82 in port fees and sent a letter asking if you wanted to donate them back.  

Picture of the dropped off supplies  attached

. Nobody around at the port. Saw 4 planes taking off while we were there and as we were leaving one landed.  Freeport seems to be getting help. The port area didn’t look bad at all, however I imagine they don’t  have power and received a lot of water damage.  Was very quiet.   

30083747-9325-46FD-B56B-C9E4B66D78E2.png

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:00 AM, Susan in Maine said:

We are scheduled on the Liberty 4 day on September 23rd. The current itinerary is sea day, Nassau, Freeport. 

I'm expecting that Freeport won't be repaired by then.

What do you think the new itinerary will be?

And the answer is: Overnight Nassau, Thursday as a sea day. Which is fine by me - I love sea days!!

On 9/13/2019 at 1:10 PM, nodogkisses said:

On Pride right now. We briefly stopped in Freeport to drop off what I think were minimal  (IMO) supplies. I imagined they were delivering more . Left in less than 1.5 hrs.  Off for a sea day.  Fourth one on this  7 day cruise.  Carnival reimbursed $10.82 in port fees and sent a letter asking if you wanted to donate them back.  

Picture of the dropped off supplies  attached

. Nobody around at the port. Saw 4 planes taking off while we were there and as we were leaving one landed.  Freeport seems to be getting help. The port area didn’t look bad at all, however I imagine they don’t  have power and received a lot of water damage.  Was very quiet.   

30083747-9325-46FD-B56B-C9E4B66D78E2.png

I imagined more supplies.  I guess every little bit helps.

On 9/13/2019 at 1:10 PM, nodogkisses said:

On Pride right now. We briefly stopped in Freeport to drop off what I think were minimal  (IMO) supplies.

1 hour ago, bury me at sea said:

I imagined more supplies.  I guess every little bit helps.

I'd think they'd have to take into consideration the availability of space on the ship when they have their own cruise provisions to think about. There seems to be multiple Carnival ships delivering supplies and probably other lines doing the same. That really adds up.

That haul alone looks to be two rows of pallets with nearly 40 pallets. Some of them stacked at least 5 ft. high. To me, it's quite a lot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Key West is the at the very tip of the FL peninsula.  Freeport is the most northern port for Bahamas.  The Pride wouldn't make it back in time from Key West.

ETA: I assumed you were on the Pride since that was the ship discussed on this page, I realized after I posted you might have been on a different ship.

Edited by pacruise804