Reaching out to the RCCL CEO

Drock20J

Hey everyone!

I have emailed the RCCL CEO on two separate occasions. First for the January noro-cruise, second for the shortened leg of the Harmony - hurricane cruise.

Both emails I sent to Mr. Bayley were of the positive nature thanking him and his company. I never looked to have anything ever returned or any incentives given. On each occasion I got a response. One from Mr. Bayley directly and the second from his staff.

Anyone else have any responses like this? RCCL I believe does care about their customers, and when in tough situations they appreciate a nice email.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ditmar2007 said:

I sent a mail that highly praised a staff member on Serenade. I also got a reply from his staff - one or two days later.

I sent an email today and within 2 hours someone from his office called. She let me know that it brightened his day and it made her day as well.

It was very impressive that him and his office responds at all! I for one am trying to do this more. I want company leaders to know that some of us are happy eve during tough situations.

• Like 1

that's good to hear. I sent an email today because it's going to take a month to redeem gift cards, potentially making me miss final deposit date.  I'm hoping to hear back soon.  It should not take 6 emails and 2 phone calls to redeem a gift certificate.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 2:04 PM, Drock20J said:

Both emails I sent to Mr. Bayley were of the positive nature thanking him and his company. I never looked to have anything

ever returned or any incentives given.

Whilst it's nice to have a reply............ this might be why......  

This one may have a bit of a longer wait.................

On 9/10/2019 at 7:05 PM, celoplyr said:

that's good to hear. I sent an email today because it's going to take a month to redeem gift cards, potentially making me miss final deposit date.  I'm hoping to hear back soon.  It should not take 6 emails and 2 phone calls to redeem a gift certificate.

Call me cynical but it's a huge corporation, and like all the other large corporations they get to pick and choose.

Back when Adam Goldstein was in that role, I emailed him about a particular crew member on Freedom of the Seas that returned a priceless picture of my mother when she was a toddler that she had lost in the cabin. Her sister had given it to her before we left on the trip and she was going to take it home and put it in her hope chest.  The crew member found it and mailed it to her and it actually beat her home.   I was expecting some canned response from his office as a reply.  He emailed me back personally within an hour at 9pm at night and my story was featured in his blog.  The crew member got a letter of commendation for his file, extra time off and some dinners at Johnny Rockets.   

Edited by ryano
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yep, I emailed RCI CEO when they honored the $18 beverage package glitch, thanking them and also did when we were on the Anthem and it was extended a day, due to a medical emergency- again thanking them for keeping the care of their customers top priority....they were so accommodating to all who had to change flights/ make alternative arrangements and continued all services that were paid for (internet/ beverage packages) for the extra day!  I got a quick response and it expressed appreciation for my kind words and loyalty to RCI......:classic_smile:

• Like 1

I got a response from Richard Fain's team and they were happy to.call me on his behalf. I also got a personal reply from Adam Goldstein on a weekend. I was not expecting it. I wrote in during Irma and he thanked me for my concern. Another one was after an online Q&A chat and he.addessed a question personally and was very generous. Its a nice touch as many companies don't allow their Executive team interact with customers.

Edited by travelplus
  • Like 1