Port Botany cruise terminal

Chiliburn

24 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

This was a problem that Capt Arthur Phillip identified when the First Fleet arrived in 1788. He was supposed to establish the settlement on the shores of Botany Bay, but he decided it wasn't suitable - lack of fresh water, poor soils and a shallow bay that was exposed to bad weather.

Captain Arthur Phillip didnt like it but Royal Caribbean does.

15 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Not to mention toxic sludge.😋

Mic how do you think Royal Carribean will make a profit out of the toxic sludge?

A penny for your thoughts.

They would have to upsell it somehow.

port botany toxic martini’s?

Edited by Chiliburn

56 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Mic how do you think Royal Carribean will make a profit out of the toxic sludge?

A penny for your thoughts.

They would have to upsell it somehow.

port botany toxic martini’s?

If Rod has his way, Royal will never get to the toxic sludge to start with. But if they do, I see it being used in the Spa for defoliating agents in face masks and body scrubs.

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

If Rod has his way, Royal will never get to the toxic sludge to start with. But if they do, I see it being used in the Spa for defoliating agents in face masks and body scrubs.

Makes sense. They administer botox on the ships, which is a poison, as long as they can upsell this too.

8 hours ago, By The Bay said:

This view is good in showing the direct route the swells from the seas could be an issue. Would a break-wall be needed?

yes it would and it would go according to the maritime union of Australia right near bare island and maybe past it...  the swells there in summer can reach over the 2 mtrs at times the average is about 1 to 1.5 mtr .. the current container break wall is around ten mtrs high and I have seen swell crash almost over it in summer . also it would all have to be dredged as most of that place is very shallow  due to sand being washed in by under currents .. the turning basin needs to be 440 mtrs from the dock ..  for a ship tof oasis class and bigger  362 mtr ships … it would have to be at least  min 11.5 mtrs deep in the whole turn around basin ..  

7 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Very easy for ships to navigate.

come in the heads and hang a right.

Its good of rod to show that.

yep and right into a sand bank  and run aground ..  or get blown onto the reefs there or bare island ..   or straight into mollineuax point break wall ..  

7 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

yep and right into a sand bank  and run aground ..  or get blown onto the reefs there or bare island ..   or straight into mollineuax point break wall ..  

Rod ,starting the new year with these negative vibes man.Bad karma.

Rod have have you ever thought about getting a Royal Caribbean tattoo on your arm.

The crown and anchor looks pretty cool.

29 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Rod have have you ever thought about getting a Royal Caribbean tattoo on your arm.

Or the skull and cross bones.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

not bad vibes  and not negative either just don't want to see a whole bay destroyed that's all …  nothing wrong with trying to save your country from greedy investors that don't give a rats on what they destroy to get there 2 billion a yr profit … you should try it sometime to save ya country you might even feel good doing something for it 

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

here is a speech I found for you and other's  insert Australia instead of America..

1 hour ago, in rod we trust said:

here is a speech I found for you and other's  insert Australia instead of America..

Funnily enough, John Kennedy believed in progress and advancement... which building new infrastructure like this is.

I'm sure he'd endorse this.

5 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Funnily enough, John Kennedy believed in progress and advancement... which building new infrastructure like this is.

I'm sure he'd endorse this.

your a cracker  progress and advancement  …  at what cost do you stop and think about progress and advancement ..  what when its all gone  its that type of thinking that has put this country at a mess .. everything is being sold off  and destroyed for your progress and advancement as you call it ..  great stuff  take another listen to that video maybe just maybe you might get it .. but I doubt it 

Edited by in rod we trust

2 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

not bad vibes  and not negative either just don't want to see a whole bay destroyed that's all …  nothing wrong with trying to save your country from greedy investors that don't give a rats on what they destroy to get there 2 billion a yr profit … you should try it sometime to save ya country you might even feel good doing something for it 

You never mention the millions of dollars, probably billions,  the cruise industry brings to Sydney through the myriad of businesses that provide goods and services  to the passengers and ships that visit here or doesn’t that suit your agenda? 
 And still you have produced the  evidence to  support your claim that it is only Royal Caribbean that wants the terminal and will support it it financially.

Edited by gbenjo

2 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

I think you have the wrong speech:

JFK and the environment

His views on the environment were complex. He did believe in having open natural places for urban people to enjoy but he was also did believe in development though most of the development were about dams and electric generation so who knows how he would have prioritised a cruise terminal. 

5 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

You never mention the millions of dollars, probably billions,  the cruise industry brings to Sydney through the myriad of businesses that provide goods and services  to the passengers and ships that visit here or doesn’t that suit your agenda? 
 And still you have produced the  evidence to  support your claim that it is only Royal Caribbean that wants the terminal and will support it it financially.

It does have to said that mega ship passengers on average spend less on land than those of smaller ships. 

• Like 1

well here is a couple screen shots I have taken for couple of you's who wanted info from port authority  evaluation at different spots the positives and the negatives .. hope ya ll can read it ..

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

3 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

well here is a couple screen shots I have taken for couple of you's who wanted info from port authority  evaluation at different spots the positives and the negatives .. hope ya ll can read it ..

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

No wonder some of your arguments are a little skinny on fact or relevance.