Port Botany cruise terminal

Chiliburn

As the saying goes, you're welcome to your own opinion... just not your own facts.

As repeatedly pointed out, none of the above are actually facts about the possible new terminal, and only contain mistruths and speculation. So we get that you're against it, but until there's some concrete proposal to assess, most of it are waiting for the details to come out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Botany cruise terminal is going to happen.

No body wants to come half way around the world and go to Newcastle or Kembla.

Even Brisbane hasn’t got much going for it .

Sydney has to expand its wharf capacity .

I’m not sure they want to sail out of Botany Bay either the Bridge and Opera House are the draw cards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I’m not sure they want to sail out of Botany Bay either the Bridge and Opera House are the draw cards.

I strongly suspect that any new cruise terminal at Port Botany will be White Bay with steroids.

Maximum inconvenience, minimum desirability.

But poor planning by every level of government has ensured it's the only option.

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I know people want to see the harbour but someone said the navy has the only suitable place and won’t move.

For the big ship coming in the future,Botany would be easier to navigate.

Rod seems to love Botany Bay ,maybe we all will 

5 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I know people want to see the harbour but someone said the navy has the only suitable place and won’t move.

I like Botany Bay, but think it can’t hold a candle to sailing out of Sydney Harbour, though I do miss the old days of passing under the coat hanger 

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I strongly suspect that any new cruise terminal at Port Botany will be White Bay with steroids.

Maximum inconvenience, minimum desirability. But poor planning by every level of government has ensured it's the only option.

Agree with your comments.

2 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Maximum inconvenience, minimum desirability.

But poor planning by every level of government has ensured it's the only option.

exactly ..

and cost 1-1/2 times there predicted estimate ,  its will be useless when they get these strong winds and big tides ,  half that bay is 5mtr deep it varies .. so easy for a massive ship to run aground .. unless that whole bay is dredged ..  anybody who uses botany bay will tell ya a big ship 72mtrs high 330mtr long will just be one huge sail .. 

15 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

As the saying goes, you're welcome to your own opinion... just not your own facts.

As repeatedly pointed out, none of the above are actually facts about the possible new terminal, and only contain mistruths and speculation. So we get that you're against it, but until there's some concrete proposal to assess, most of it are waiting for the details to come out.

there will be no concrete proof of anything .. and what I mention on dredging is fact .. and marine life, indigenous use it , traffic flow,  big tides, and being so close to the heads bad swell, and shocking winds...  and the eco system..

all the important info has been redacted  and only to be seen by port authority , and state gov cabinet.. so if your waiting for it to come out don't bother it will not be released to the general public...and that's a fact as well ..  labour , green's , and shooter's and fishers' farmers party  are going to put pressure nsw state gov to release the full un redacted version... when you have labor , greens , shooters, Christian democrats , and some liberal  members  all agreeing and coming together , that there in itself tell's ya its a bad idea..

29 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

exactly ..

and cost 1-1/2 times there predicted estimate ,  its will be useless when they get these strong winds and big tides ,  half that bay is 5mtr deep it varies .. so easy for a massive ship to run aground .. unless that whole bay is dredged ..  anybody who uses botany bay will tell ya a big ship 72mtrs high 330mtr long will just be one huge sail .. 

as with everything nsw state liberals  build its over budget, piss poor planning,  and almost doomed to be useless...   I was on the tram the other day and what a joke that was I could of walked faster , ..  can you imagine the traffic nightmare its going to be trying to get out of botany bay , with all those semi's moving cargo..  and if mentioned where they might have a passenger  / custom's  building for turn around away from the dock what a nightmare  it will be … there is nothing good about this proposal to build it at botany bay ...

24 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

there will be no concrete proof of anything .. and what I mention on dredging is fact .. and marine life, indigenous use it , traffic flow,  big tides, and being so close to the heads bad swell, and shocking winds...  and the eco system..

all the important info has been redacted  and only to be seen by port authority , and state gov cabinet.. so if your waiting for it to come out don't bother it will not be released to the general public...and that's a fact as well ..  labour , green's , and shooter's and fishers' farmers party  are going to put pressure nsw state gov to release the full un redacted version... when you have labor , greens , shooters, Christian democrats , and some liberal  members  all agreeing and coming together , that there in itself tell's ya its a bad idea..

So you must be the only person who really knows what is going on then?

Hmmm ...labor, greens, shooters, christian democrats and " some" liberals think it a bad idea .....that's a worry......is that the same Greens that are against burning off  and has caused bushfires to destroy half of NSW  and Victoria?   Not a very very good character reference really.

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I like Botany Bay, but think it can’t hold a candle to sailing out of Sydney Harbour, though I do miss the old days of passing under the coat hanger 

I would like Botany Bay more if it didn't have all the toxic sludge in it.

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

is that the same Greens that are against burning off  and has caused bushfires to destroy half of NSW  and Victoria?

It's one thing to slag people off, it's another to tell lies while doing it. Especially about such a serious subject.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/nov/12/is-there-really-a-green-conspiracy-to-stop-bushfire-hazard-reduction

“These are very tired and very old conspiracy theories that get a run after most major fires,” says Prof Ross Bradstock, the director of the centre for environmental risk management of bushfires at the University of Wollongong, who has been researching bushfires for 40 years.

“They’ve been extensively dealt with in many inquiries.”

A former NSW fire and rescue commissioner, Greg Mullins, has written this week that the hotter and drier conditions, and the higher fire danger ratings, were preventing agencies from carrying out prescribed burning.

He said: “Blaming ‘greenies’ for stopping these important measures is a familiar, populist, but basically untrue claim.”

• Like 4

7 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

35 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

It's one thing to slag people off, it's another to tell lies while doing it. Especially about such a serious subject.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/nov/12/is-there-really-a-green-conspiracy-to-stop-bushfire-hazard-reduction

“These are very tired and very old conspiracy theories that get a run after most major fires,” says Prof Ross Bradstock, the director of the centre for environmental risk management of bushfires at the University of Wollongong, who has been researching bushfires for 40 years.

“They’ve been extensively dealt with in many inquiries.”

A former NSW fire and rescue commissioner, Greg Mullins, has written this week that the hotter and drier conditions, and the higher fire danger ratings, were preventing agencies from carrying out prescribed burning.

He said: “Blaming ‘greenies’ for stopping these important measures is a familiar, populist, but basically untrue claim.”

Just another example of the misinformation being spread, when have the Greens been in power anywhere in Australia.

8 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Deja Vu

53 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Just another example of the misinformation being spread, when have the Greens been in power anywhere in Australia.

When they get elected to local councils, that's when.