Coffee Package - Pre-purchase or Buy on board?

raz455

First - It's great to be back on this forum.  It's been two years since our last cruise and much has changed since then.  

Second - With the new coffee "card," is there a discount when pre-purchasing it or is it the same price once on board?  I ask because I have a bunch of on board credit and would rather use this to purchase the coffee package then buy it early.  

Thanks . . and only 88 days until we board the beautiful Regal for 14 wonderful days! 

6 minutes ago, raz455 said:

First - It's great to be back on this forum.  It's been two years since our last cruise and much has changed since then.  

Second - With the new coffee "card," is there a discount when pre-purchasing it or is it the same price once on board?  I ask because I have a bunch of on board credit and would rather use this to purchase the coffee package then buy it early.  

Thanks . . and only 88 days until we board the beautiful Regal for 14 wonderful days! 

No discount. Same price pre cruise or onboard.

• Like 1

I waited to be onboard because there wasn't an option to purchase it using my OBC ahead of time. That would be nice. I also got it through our assistant waiter, but she appeared to be unsure of the process but eventually got it worked out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, raz455 said:

If you have on board and you request any package or make specialty restaurants reservations, it is taken from your current OBC amount.

3 hours ago, Kate P.C said:

Using your OBC you can purchase once you get on board. There is no option to use your OBC for the coffee package online. Why not take advantage of it 🙂

It will automatically use your OBC when you order it online. Once all your OBC is used it will use your credit card you have on your acct for anything you order. 

1 hour ago, pamwigs said:

It will automatically use your OBC when you order it online. Once all your OBC is used it will use your credit card you have on your acct for anything you order. 

Great if you have that option. Unfortunately it isn't available in California. We only have cc or PayPal 20190926_103625.thumb.jpg.a46ac0d6c745e258bae928af0078fd16.jpg

2 hours ago, pamwigs said:

sorry, but no .. and not specific to CA...

only excursions can be purchased pre-cruise using OBC ...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, steelers36 said:

It isn't.  What makes you think you can order a Coffee Package - or any other beverage package for that matter - online using Cruise Personalizer pre-cruise and pay for it with OBC?

Because I've done it. 🙄 I have also used OBC to make reservations for the specialty restaurants as well. 

Edited by pamwigs

3 hours ago, pamwigs said:

Because I've done it. 🙄 I have also used OBC to make reservations for the specialty restaurants as well. 

Screenshot? Maybe I'm missing something? If so, I want to reserve a table at Sabatinis. This is so frustrating! It won't let me use OBC for anything other than excursions. Just credit card or PayPal.  What am I doing wrong?

20190926_202009.thumb.jpg.126546cac52f5452cf3e837d899e348c.jpg

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Screenshot? Maybe I'm missing something? If so, I want to reserve a table at Sabatinis. This is so frustrating! It won't let me use OBC for anything other than excursions. Just credit card or PayPal.  What am I doing wrong?

20190926_202009.thumb.jpg.126546cac52f5452cf3e837d899e348c.jpg

Last year on our 28 day on the Emerald I was able to. There was no option as you show to use a cc or PayPal. It took from my OBC and if there was not to cover the entire reservation, it used my CC listed in my account. Things change I guess.