Bathtubs on Island Princess?

SetAnOpenCourse

57 minutes ago, SetAnOpenCourse said:

BYW, will the same be true for certain other classes?  I assume it’s true for Coral.

I need to know when to pack my rubber ducky!

😎

Tubs will only be in those two classes throughout the Princess fleet. I've been in accessible cabins that were inside and also balcony. The shower is roll-in as shown above.

Anyone else have issues getting into the bathtubs for a shower?     You have to step up into the bathtub and the walls of the bathtub are curved more at the bottom then a traditional tub.  If you have short legs and are not careful you step in and onto the side of the tub.   Makes it a bit tricky  for anyone with mobility issues.   And forget it if you are tall.  The ceiling is rather low for us tall folks.   I kind of remember them having grab rails so it's not all bad.  

Just now, waltd said:

Anyone else have issues getting into the bathtubs for a shower?     You have to step up into the bathtub and the walls of the bathtub are curved more at the bottom then a traditional tub.  If you have short legs and are not careful you step in and onto the side of the tub.   Makes it a bit tricky  for anyone with mobility issues.   And forget it if you are tall.  The ceiling is rather low for us tall folks.   I kind of remember them having grab rails so it's not all bad.  

I hated the step up into the mini suite tub but the step down to get out was worse. To me the tub was not a plus.

• Like 1

Just now, Thrak said:

I hated the step up into the mini suite tub but the step down to get out was worse. To me the tub was not a plus.

As I have gotten older I have to agree with you.   Now the old Window Suite bathrooms with the separate shower and separate tub were great.   Loved that shower.

At 6 foot with the usual physical problems I have not problem getting into the shower in a mini.  The nice part is that instead of the normal fixed shower head, the showers have a removable shower head and holder that can be moved up or down.  In my case up to the highest point although I usually take the head loose and hold it in my hand.  

All Princess ships I have been on have the same bathroom setup.  

• Thanks 1