Fabric steamer

ellen9731

22 minutes ago, ellen9731 said:

Does  anyone know if you can bring  a portable hand steamer on board , I know you can’t bring an iron, was hoping you could bring a steamer to get wrinkles out of the or if anyone has any other suggestions 

No........heating devices are not permitted.

Sorry your not aloud.

Tony

3 hours ago, ellen9731 said:

Does  anyone know if you can bring  a portable hand steamer on board , I know you can’t bring an iron, was hoping you could bring a steamer to get wrinkles out of the or if anyone has any other suggestions 

• Haha 1

A few years back I took one with me even though I knew they weren't permitted. Got away with it that time. Only used it once or twice because I tried the old trick of using a hot steamy shower instead. Just hang the clothing you want to steam and run some hot water (maximum) for about 5-10 minutes and the adjust the temperature and take your shower. Worked out fine for my dress shirts and tees.

Buster

For the clothes that you don't want to wrinkle..........hang them on hangars and then place a plastic bag from the dry cleaner over the garment and pack it that way. At your destination, simply hang up........no wrinkles.......this really works!

24 minutes ago, Clampram said:

For the clothes that you don't want to wrinkle..........hang them on hangars and then place a plastic bag from the dry cleaner over the garment and pack it that way. At your destination, simply hang up........no wrinkles.......this really works!

You can also buy a "wrinkle release" spray (the travel size is generally <$2.00) or make your own...one recipe is to mix 2 cups of warm water (easier to get the ingredients to blend), 1 teaspoon hair conditioner (brand not important) and 1 teaspoon white vinegar. Place in a spray bottle, tighten the lid and shake vigorously. 

With either, lightly spray the clothes, smooth with your hands, hang to dry.

Second recipe: mix a tablespoon of fabric softener with a 1/2 cup of water, shake and use as above.