Does this encourage those prone to hog chairs?

Lottacruises

because Carnival does not allow the reserving of chairs, which makes the clip even more odd as to what they were thinking. We use chair clips for one reason, so the wind doesn't blow my towel away or in my face

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StolidCruiser said:

Interesting that the depicted clips don't match the image on the backer board but do match this image from a European site:

https://logopegs.com/collections/beach-pool-towel-clips/products/reserved-for-vip-towel-clip

They had other ones too, I guess the backing they use is the same. Here is the uncropped pic for your scrutiny.

IMG_20190929_103502.jpg

3 hours ago, TravelE said:

Ugh!  I saw the Carnival branded ones in the Fun Shops and thought they were cute. But the "Reserved" is taking it too far!

I was actually looking for the choose fun ones I had seen on the ship the previous week. This ship only had these and some "multi-colored" ones that didn't say carnival either. 

4 hours ago, StolidCruiser said:

Interesting that the depicted clips don't match the image on the backer board but do match this image from a European site:

https://logopegs.com/collections/beach-pool-towel-clips/products/reserved-for-vip-towel-clip

Not really interesting, its common to increase efficiency and keep costs down.... to the retailer.

s-l300.jpgddolphin-shape-beach-towel-clips-shape-tddolphin-shape-beach-towel-clips-shape-t

IMG_20191002_134625.png

Edited by Lottacruises

I could see them saying "VIFP" with Carnival's colors, similar to the picture on the backing. But "Reserved?" No, just no. But obviously it was cheaper to license these from another company than produce their own.

They should've told the crew out on deck to look around for a person using one "VIP" clip and missing the "Reserved" one. Good chance that's the thief.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I could see them saying "VIFP" with Carnival's colors, similar to the picture on the backing. But "Reserved?" No, just no. But obviously it was cheaper to license these from another company than produce their own.

They should've told the crew out on deck to look around for a person using one "VIP" clip and missing the "Reserved" one. Good chance that's the thief.

Last week on a different ship they did have the carnival ones that's say choose fun. This week these, and some other multi-colored ones. These are on the Dream.

Edited by Lottacruises

The reality is, the fact that they don't really police the chair hogs is what encourages chair hogs. It goes against every bone in my body but, on our last cruise, we did the same thing. My parents are elderly and we needed 5 chairs. I really needed to be sure I was close to my parents. Because others 'reserved' chairs, I felt I had to! Actually, by one of the last days of the cruise, I think I was up and out early enough to be one of the first! IF the staff would go and remove items holding chairs, I wouldn't need to worry! There would most always be enough chairs for us. The truth is, I bet almost everyone reserving chairs is only doing it because they feel that they HAVE TO because if they don't, someone else will!

• Like 1

I've seen a lot of posts about chair hogs, but is it chair hogging if you are swimming and you've left your towel and stuff on your chair?  Is it chair hogging if you've left your towel on your chair when you go to the bathroom or the bar?  Seems like it is called chair hogging if there is a towel on a chair that isn't currently occupied, but I wonder if it's a bit exaggerated.

6 hours ago, bnbeyer said:

I've seen a lot of posts about chair hogs, but is it chair hogging if you are swimming and you've left your towel and stuff on your chair?  Is it chair hogging if you've left your towel on your chair when you go to the bathroom or the bar?  Seems like it is called chair hogging if there is a towel on a chair that isn't currently occupied, but I wonder if it's a bit exaggerated.

The answer to your question is of course no, when the answer is yes is when 2/3 of the chairs around a pool have towels on them at 7 and no people on them till 10.  The answer is yes when you see chairs with no people for 4 hours.  In reality, chogging is probably underestimated.  

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1

I think we can deduce our own definition of chair hogging based on the fact that carnival says items will be removed after 40 minutes. 

It would seem, and we can argue about, I mean discuss this, but it would seem if you leave your chair unoccupied for 40 minutes you might be a chair hog.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

I think we can deduce our own definition of chair hogging based on the fact that carnival says items will be removed after 40 minutes. 

It would seem, and we can argue about, I mean discuss this, but it would seem if you leave your chair unoccupied for 40 minutes you might be a chair hog.

You mean if would not be someone else’s fault because they did it first?

9 hours ago, bnbeyer said:

You're right, it depends on the situation. I think there are plenty of times when people are blamed for hogging chairs when that really isn't the case. There was a photo posted in another thread, maybe a review, of the pool area and loungers. The person had said something like, the chair hogs were out in full force. But for as many towels that could be seen left on loungers, there were also a lot of people around the pool. Who's to say the towels weren't theirs? If you're at the pool, you're not a chair hog. If you go to the bathroom, you're not a chair hog. If you leave for an hour to go eat lunch, but still save your lounger, you're a chair hog. I think the ones who are most guilty are those who get up early, save a lounger, then go back to bed. Those should be very easy for the deck crew to remedy, but the biggest problem is, they don't enforce the 40 minute limit enough.

3 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

They should hire Jeff Foxworthy: "You might be a chair hog if..." 😃

It appears this is the latest craze in beach towel clips. Was on Reflection last week and saw these

Personally, I dont see what the issue is?

So many passengers bring there own clips with them in various shapes and sizes. About time the cruise shops sold items that were in demand! 

Just because a clip says 'reserved' or 'gone to the buffet' or 'do not remove' or ' I'm a unicorn' don't take it seriously. If someone is willing to purchase these from the gift shops for $10 then they are far less likely to leave them clipped to an unoccupied sun lounger all day....they will quite simply get taken.

The chair hogs just leave a wet scrunched up pool towel on the lounger never to return to it....these people are the ones that should be discouraged.

Bravo Carnival and Celebrity.

fullsizeoutput_2b45.jpeg

Edited by Curiouscruise1969
  • Like 1