Carnival gift cards on Southwest Rapid Rewards

keywest1

I had seen an old post here about Carnival gift cards being available with Southwest Airline Rapid Rewards.  I checked and was able to get two $100 gift cards for 10,000 points each.

There were no additional charges, and they are to ship via USPS within the next 4-6 business days.

Just thought some might be interested in this option.  Happy cruising!

• Like 2

I just checked our Southwest accounts and DH & I both had enough points to turn in for a $100 gift card each. Our cost 13,000 points though. We don't have the Southwest credit card, so these were strictly from prior flights. We aren't going to be flying for a while, so this was a good use for those points, in our case. Thanks for letting me know!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sailor Taylor said:

That's a redemption rate of 1cpp.  Not bad but you might do better saving the points for flights.  😎

Good advice.  Everybody has to look at what will benefit them the most.  Lately, I've been getting much better deals on AA as well as being able to book nearly a year in advance, so my points would just be sitting there.  I also lost my points on my own account since our credit card is linked to DH's account, and their was no activity on my account for a couple of years.

• Thanks 1

We save our points for flights because each point for flying is worth 1.5 cents. We love Southwest because of '2 bags free" I am thinking of getting either a United or delta cc, because then I can use Southwest points towards my cruise, and fly on the other airline. I also use my Marriot card[ I think it's Marriot] to pay for my hotels before and after the cruise

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

@Sailor Taylor sorry- not getting the 'redemption rate of 1cpp'... what is 1cpp?

Cents per point. If you redeem for flights, you get a value of 1.5 cents per point, with the gift card getting a value of 1 cent per point (or less at 13k points for $100).

In other words, 10000 points is worth $150 towards flights vs $100 for a Carnival GC. 

Edited by MechE31
  • Thanks 1