Ovation Suite 706

laserboi

The V1 suites on Ovation/Encore are different than on the other 3 ships. They are smaller. I have not stayed in one of these suites and agree there is limited information available. The only information I have seen is a CC member review (dated Feb/19) of suite 707 on Encore (same as 706 on Ovation). This reviewer was very unhappy with this suite and states the suite is 60sf smaller than a regular V. So if you are brave go ahead and read that review (it is very negative). Consider switching suites (may not be possible), but I would call your TA and try. Otherwise enjoy your cruise and realize that sometimes picking a guarantee suite assigns you to the least desirable suite/location.

Thanks for posting the video of this suite type. This is very helpful.  I would not be unhappy in this suite as it only looks marginally smaller due to the removal of the tub.  It is definitely not 60 sf smaller as the reviewer had posted. Perhaps the anchor noise is a bit of an issue, but I don’t see why this suite would be a problem as a minimum guarantee suite. 

I am assuming you took an OB,  In that case you rolled the dice and you get what the dice show, that is what the contract explicitly states. V1-V4 was what my contract had in it when I took that risk - we usually prefer to select a particular suite but if the fare difference makes playing the odds a risk we may decide to take that risk.  Some people do get very lucky, to continue the craps analogy like making the point with a lot of money behind the line, some others not so much, but you saved likely several Grover Cleveland's and can now spend that on revenue wine, spa treatments, etc. or save for your next Seabourn adventure.   

We are going with an OB for the first time this December.  We normally always choose our suite but this was a last minute decision to take an extra icing on the cake cruise this year and the price difference was a lot!  

My husband does like a bit of a gamble so if we strike lucky, I think he, unlike me, will want to do this every cruise 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I just came back from the Ovation and the other difference I noticed right away is the absence of the vanity (in between the bathroom and closet doors). It's hard to tell from the video whether the shower is any larger than the shower on the other suites (it appears to be the same size which is comfortable but not big).