Cozumel/Pier/Dock

august1963

Does Carnival still dock at the same pier they have been using for at least the last 10 years.  We will be catching a taxi to Chankanaab and I just want to make sure that we won't be on the other side of the island, instead of just 4 miles away from the beach.  Thanks

Oh.  I don't think that's where we've docked on my past three cruises which were on MSC.  Just booked a quickie on Paradise in December and just figured we'd be at the same place.  Only plan was to get off the ship and have a large blue margarita with some chips & salsa at Tacos y Tequila.  Guess I'll have to try somewhere else.  Too bad.  Those margaritas were really good. 😁

23 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Oh.  I don't think that's where we've docked on my past three cruises which were on MSC.  Just booked a quickie on Paradise in December and just figured we'd be at the same place.  Only plan was to get off the ship and have a large blue margarita with some chips & salsa at Tacos y Tequila.  Guess I'll have to try somewhere else.  Too bad.  Those margaritas were really good. 😁

I agree with the others that you’ll likely be at puerta maya. I’m 10/10. It’s a $10 cab ride downtown. If you want to stay in the port area maybe try Pancho’s Backyard. They have good food, a view of the water, and usually iguanas running around outside and sometimes into the restaurant.

https://yelp.to/qTKq/6rdJ4SCfW0

Three amigos is just past security but I don’t have any experience with them 

https://yelp.to/qTKq/2KvOVfXfW0

There are basically 3 areas (piers) for cruise ships in Cozumel and all on the same side of the island. That said, Puerta Maya is the typical Carnival pier (as they own it) and in the last couple of years they have expanded it to now have 3 berths. The International pier is more of a Royal Caribbean berth for 2 ships. If there is a Carnival overflow, they can and do use the  Punta Langosta pier which is right downtown in the main shopping area. Either way, they are all close and there are no piers or for that much anything else on the other side of the island as it is a protected park.

Edited by rolaur

My wife and I will be in Cozumel on Carnival in January.  I’ve been there many times and usually catch a taxi to Chankanaab.  The vegetation just off the beach is teeming with iguanas.  On a visit there, many years ago, I thought it would be fun to feed them.  I had heard they love bananas.  They do, in fact, LOVE bananas.  Being the idiot that I am, I paid no attention to the warnings not to feed them.  I brought a couple bananas from the ship (also a very bad idea).  I had to see the doctor on the ship that afternoon to clean out the bite and to get a tetanus shot.  I probably got off easy.  Bringing fruits or vegetables off the ship was a worse idea than feeding the iguanas.  I wouldn’t recommend either one.