Less then 60 days out - Haven

BrownEyedGirl686

Like the title says we are less then 60 days out and are yet to receive anything from NCL.  I was under the interpretation that at/around 60 days we would receive something in the mail from NCL with our luggage tag and pre concierge request.   Does this still happen ? Or do I have old information? 

1 minute ago, BrownEyedGirl686 said:

Like the title says we are less then 60 days out and are yet to receive anything from NCL.  I was under the interpretation that at/around 60 days we would receive something in the mail from NCL with our luggage tag and pre concierge request.   Does this still happen ? Or do I have old information? 

We usually receive our luggage tags and concierge letter at 45-50 days out, so you may have another week or 2.

2 hours ago, BrownEyedGirl686 said:

Luggage tags and letter usually show up exactly 50 days prior to departure via snail mail. 

From our perspective, there is really nothing we would give the pre-concierge to do. We much rather get on board the ship and build a rapport with the concierge, concierge staff, and butler that will be helping to make our cruise memorable. The pre-concierge actually can not do anything you can't do yourself. 

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Luggage tags and letter usually show up exactly 50 days prior to departure via snail mail. 

From our perspective, there is really nothing we would give the pre-concierge to do. We much rather get on board the ship and build a rapport with the concierge, concierge staff, and butler that will be helping to make our cruise memorable. The pre-concierge actually can not do anything you can't do yourself. 

Thank you! 

2 hours ago, Rsavtechcruise said:

Most of my clients and myself lately got ours 30-45 days out a few in the 20-30 window

Ahh the number gets Smaller and smaller with each reply.  I mean honestly we don’t need anything done right away that couldn't get done when we were on the ship.  Just the excitement of knowing vacation is getting closer and closer.  Lol

We have always had great luck emailing the concierge desk for their list of haven amenity choice suggestions, here is the email address we use:  norwegianconciergedesk@ncl.com

Very few times our choices were not already taken care of when we boarded.  

Just remember to include our name and reservation #.

Edited by Sea saw 56
Additional information for the OP

So the concierge pre-cruise does not have access to the onboard reservations?  I know only a small portion of reservation slots are opened pre-cruise, and I had hoped the concierge would be able to get me into Ocean Blue even though it only has 4 person reservations available now (I'm solo).

I just called and they said there is no availability...so I guess I need to wait til I am onboard?

1 hour ago, nyc2pdx said:

I just called and they said there is no availability...so I guess I need to wait til I am onboard?

After you board the concierge Dilip or one of his assistants will be able to book the time and date you want. 
2 weeks ago we had awesome service by Cedrick at Ocean Blue, he also works at the Haven restaurant during the day. 

I wouldn't say the shore concierge can't do anything for you that you can do on your own. We've had them do things we couldn't get done through our travel agent or the reservation agent (or online).

It's also the first place you should call for anything. They can transfer to someone who will pick up the phone right away rather than having to wait for more than an hour.

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke with NCL yesterday to hear about what was going on 

the woman I spoke with said that they ship  out the letters Fridays only.  And ours is set to get sent in the mail on 11/8 (we sail 12/3). 

just for anyone else who may being following or is waiting to hear about their Haven Letter

On 10/19/2019 at 4:15 PM, BrownEyedGirl686 said:

That's what they SAY.... received mine 20 days out....letter and tags.

On 10/22/2019 at 12:15 PM, nyc2pdx said:

So the concierge pre-cruise does not have access to the onboard reservations?  I know only a small portion of reservation slots are opened pre-cruise, and I had hoped the concierge would be able to get me into Ocean Blue even though it only has 4 person reservations available now (I'm solo).

Actually no. Unlike the real onboard concierge who can oversell a restaurant, the pre-concierge can basically see what you see on MyNCL. The pre-concierge is just a call center. 

5 hours ago, BrownEyedGirl686 said:

Oh absolutely. I just wanted to make sure that it was coming. If I don’t get it within the week of the 8th I’ll call again 

Not sure why it is that important. I don’t need to take to someone to select between decaf and regular coffee, the default is both. You can print your own luggage tags. The “priority” tags that come in the mail won’t get you your bags any faster. If all you care about is having a status symbol, fine. 

Edited by BirdTravels

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Actually no. Unlike the real onboard concierge who can oversell a restaurant, the pre-concierge can basically see what you see on MyNCL. The pre-concierge is just a call center. 

Appreciate the info.  This is my first cruise, so taking as much in as possible!  The pre-concierge said they noted my profile, or record, so I will check in with the Haven concierge when I get onboard.  36 days to go!

On 10/20/2019 at 10:02 AM, Sea saw 56 said:

We have always had great luck emailing the concierge desk for their list of haven amenity choice suggestions, here is the email address we use:  norwegianconciergedesk@ncl.com

Very few times our choices were not already taken care of when we boarded.  

Just remember to include our name and reservation #.

Thank you, will keep this one in mind for our pillow choices when we get closer to sailing if I haven't heard from them yet. Hubby tends to get super hot at night and the cooling pillow was a godsend to him last time we were in Haven.

On 11/2/2019 at 12:22 AM, BirdTravels said:

You can print your own luggage tags. The “priority” tags that come in the mail won’t get you your bags any faster. If all you care about is having a status symbol, fine. 

It's not about the status symbol, it's about the convenience of having self-sticking tags which they send to you rather than home printed and pieces of tape traveling in your luggage. The ones they supply are easy to attach after you get off the plane without risking them coming off during the flight. Whereas the home print version you also need to bring your own tape or stapler to get them attached.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 12:22 AM, BirdTravels said:

Not sure why it is that important. I don’t need to take to someone to select between decaf and regular coffee, the default is both. You can print your own luggage tags. The “priority” tags that come in the mail won’t get you your bags any faster. If all you care about is having a status symbol, fine. 

It’s not about having the “status symbol” at all. It’s about what was told me that I would receive when booking— just waiting to receive them now. Have a wonderful day