Premium Plus Experience Feedback

purpleally

I have read every thread on the upgraded package. I am looking for feedback from those who have actually experienced the upgrade. 

I just read a post on a roll call that someone was on Joy a few weeks ago and ordered a bottle of Veuve at breakfast and/or lunch, not just at dinner.

yes, I know it says bottles of wine at dinner. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

55 minutes ago, roxette said:

I was on the Getaway in September. Ordered a bottle of Vueve every time I had lunch in the mdr. No problems, what so ever. 

Could you take what you didn't drink back to the cabin? And is two bottles a day the limit?  Asking for a friend 🙂

23 minutes ago, vllygrrl said:

So happy to read this - we upgraded our package and will be boarding the Dawn tomorrow.  I will absolutely order champagne for our first lunch on board!  

I can’t wait to hear ALL about your experience. We are on Dawn last week in February 

• Like 1

We ordered bottles in the MDR and at Cagneys with our meals.   The waiters actually encouraged it.  

However we didn’t take them out of the dining rooms.  For the wines they gave us claim tickets and they saved the bottles for our next meals.  

We also ordered bottles of sparkling and still waters for our meals. 

And on the Sky we were able to use the PREMIUM PLUS package to get espressos, cappuccinos, and lattes (hot and iced including PSL) from the new onboard Starbucks.  This perk was pointed out to us by a bartender on the ship.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, purpleally said:

I just read a post on a roll call that someone was on Joy a few weeks ago and ordered a bottle of Veuve at breakfast and/or lunch, not just at dinner.

The bars which service the restaurants don't open until noon, at least on Escape, so I would think you need to get the bottle yourself from a bar which is open if you go eat before noon. I doubt the restaurant can help you - they are only set up to go to the nearby bar. Unless you have a butler, they are not going to run across the ship for you. They are way too busy serving people.

I will be on the Sun in December with the Premium Plus package as well.  I love having a glass of wine in my room.  Would it be possible to take the bottle from dinner back to my room?  I know the prior poster said they didn't, but is it at least an option?  Can I just get a bottle from any of the bars to enjoy in my room?  My husband is not a wine drinker, so I am on my own with this quandary!

16 minutes ago, 4thgrade said:

I will be on the Sun in December with the Premium Plus package as well.  I love having a glass of wine in my room.  Would it be possible to take the bottle from dinner back to my room?  I know the prior poster said they didn't, but is it at least an option?  Can I just get a bottle from any of the bars to enjoy in my room?  My husband is not a wine drinker, so I am on my own with this quandary!

There is no problem taking bottle back to your room.  We had two bottles of wine with dinner one night (premium plus on Bliss) and took one back to our room.  Never tried ordering bottle at a bar so can't help you there.

53 minutes ago, salty dingo said:

The bars which service the restaurants don't open until noon, at least on Escape, so I would think you need to get the bottle yourself from a bar which is open if you go eat before noon. I doubt the restaurant can help you - they are only set up to go to the nearby bar. Unless you have a butler, they are not going to run across the ship for you. They are way too busy serving people.

Thank you but I’m looking for feedback from people who actually experienced this not opinions. 

1 hour ago, Motegi said:

We ordered bottles in the MDR and at Cagneys with our meals.   The waiters actually encouraged it.  

However we didn’t take them out of the dining rooms.  For the wines they gave us claim tickets and they saved the bottles for our next meals.  

We also ordered bottles of sparkling and still waters for our meals. 

And on the Sky we were able to use the PREMIUM PLUS package to get espressos, cappuccinos, and lattes (hot and iced including PSL) from the new onboard Starbucks.  This perk was pointed out to us by a bartender on the ship.

I would not like them to save the bottles, especially if it is champagne. 

We had it on the Epic in September.   Two other couples dining with us had the regular package.    We ordered Veuve Cliquot every night at dinner.  A total of 13 bottles over 6 dinners.  They didn't care that the others at our table didn't have the PPB.  They just asked how many glasses.  Also ordered several bottles of red (don't remember what kind).  Used it every morning for fresh oj, numerous times for specialty coffee drinks in the Atrium (which was the only bar outside the dining rooms serving Veuve). Also ended my nights trying various single malt scotches including Macallan 25.  Well worth it for us.  Plus, we probably got 50-60 bottles of water, enabling each couple to take some back to their cabin. 

Edited by ejnsb
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, kjquilts said:

There is no problem taking bottle back to your room.  We had two bottles of wine with dinner one night (premium plus on Bliss) and took one back to our room.  Never tried ordering bottle at a bar so can't help you there.

Thank you so much for your response!  Now I know I will be able to enjoy a glass of wine on my balcony.   I am so looking forward to it!

6 hours ago, FLConnie said:

Could you take what you didn't drink back to the cabin? And is two bottles a day the limit?  Asking for a friend 🙂

We ordered two bottles per meal some days, and they asked if we wanted more. They also encouraged us to bring any Un finished bottles after each meal. The premium plus really made the cruise fell much more luxurius. 

I will board the bliss on sunday. Hopefully i'll enjot it as much as last! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jaxw17 said:

how much is it to upgrade to this?

$243.60 for a 7 day cruise if you already have the premium package. It includes 20% gratuities

Still trying to make a decision if it would be worth it to me. 

Edited by Deeliteful

9 hours ago, ejnsb said:

We had it on the Epic in September.   Two other couples dining with us had the regular package.    We ordered Veuve Cliquot every night at dinner.  A total of 13 bottles over 6 dinners.  They didn't care that the others at our table didn't have the PPB.  They just asked how many glasses.  Also ordered several bottles of red (don't remember what kind).  Used it every morning for fresh oj, numerous times for specialty coffee drinks in the Atrium (which was the only bar outside the dining rooms serving Veuve). Also ended my nights trying various single malt scotches including Macallan 25.  Well worth it for us.  Plus, we probably got 50-60 bottles of water, enabling each couple to take some back to their cabin. 

This is exactly what I wanted to know, too.  Thank you so much for sharing!  I will enjoy taking back a bottle of Veuve for mimosas in the morning 😉

On 11/1/2019 at 7:26 AM, purpleally said:

I have read every thread on the upgraded package. I am looking for feedback from those who have actually experienced the upgrade. 

yes, I know it says bottles of wine at dinner. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

So we did the Premium Plus (PPB) beverage upgrade and I will tell you for us it was worth it... and we are not heavy drinkers.  We were on the Star a couple weeks ago. 
But to give an idea:
 Fresh OJ 14 glasses (2each morning) 3.00 each
9 bottles of Aqua Panna water with meals 6.00 each 
10 bottles of Veuve Clicquot... ok ok.. a lot! But one with every dinner and others enjoyed with friends! I would ask for a glass and they would respond , do you want the bottle? 99.00 each and ask how many glasses we wanted. This was at restaurants and also at Gatsby’s bar outside Le Bistro. 
4 Starbucks drink ranged around 5 each .. I do not think it is given on bigger ships where they take the  gift cards, but since this was at the Atrium coffee it was. 
 Remy Martin VSOP a couple times 30.00 each 
Whistle Pig rye 35.00 ( Husband wanted to try) 

Jadot Pouilly Fuisse was 27 a glass. 
Plus Pepsi’s like normal and other regular drinks like aperol spritz, beer and coladas, wine  etc.... 

It was not hard to make up the extra cover charge for it . Just wanted to give you all an overview on how well it works. The crew was great, the first lunch in Sheehan’s the waitress gave us the bar menus so we knew what we could get. She said some people didn’t realize until half way through .

Hope this helps! 

Edited by Meekofigaro
Add location
  • Like 2