EZ says airport doesn't exist

Bdnclc

What have people done if EZ Air doesn't recognize your airport?  I was trying find flights and my departing airport says it doesn't exist.  I was to have an airline credit as well under a promotion so really would like to take advantage.

4 hours ago, Bdnclc said:

What have people done if EZ Air doesn't recognize your airport?  I was trying find flights and my departing airport says it doesn't exist.  I was to have an airline credit as well under a promotion so really would like to take advantage.

If you are trying to use a credit and a promotion, book direct.  You will typically not be able to take advantage of your bonuses.  I have a WJ companion ticket and extra WJ dollars, and had to book direct with WJ.   Alas it meant booking and paying well in advance to get the seats and flights we wanted (but we got upgraded seats at a great price)

Based on your location, I suspect you trying to get from YBR somewhere, and you might have to use YWG as your starting airport.

I haven't called Princess yet was curious if others have had the same issue.  I had the air promo on a new booking I wanted to use.  My desire is to fly to Calgary from Brandon versus Winnipeg.  Saves time and cost is same.  I can enter Calgary or Winnipeg as starting but no Brandon.  In my airport return it doesn't exist either.  

Yes.  As I mentioned earlier they had my home airport wrong.  The problem was I wanted to fly out of a airport that is 50 miles from me.  Called they immediately took care of the problem.  I did not have a promo but do not think that is the issue.  The issue is the connecting airport.  Only a phone call can possible fix it.

2 minutes ago, Bdnclc said:

I haven't called Princess yet was curious if others have had the same issue.  I had the air promo on a new booking I wanted to use.  My desire is to fly to Calgary from Brandon versus Winnipeg.  Saves time and cost is same.  I can enter Calgary or Winnipeg as starting but no Brandon.  In my airport return it doesn't exist either.  

The EZAir program defaults to what ever home airport you entered at the bottom of your personal information page in Cruise Personalizer. You have to make the change there first. Even there, it may not let you enter the airport you want. If so, you will have to call

14 minutes ago, wineglass said:

The EZAir program defaults to what ever home airport you entered at the bottom of your personal information page in Cruise Personalizer. You have to make the change there first. Even there, it may not let you enter the airport you want. If so, you will have to call

It won't let me enter my airport.   Doesn't populate.  They will have to fix on their end to allow

I sometimes find that the cruise personalizer gets screwed up and doesn’t let me enter SAN as my home airport which screws up AZ Air bookings. For some reason, the personalizer thinks I live in the UK and reports that SAN is not a valid airport for my location

17 hours ago, Bdnclc said:

I had the same thing happen. I then saw that they had my place of residence as Sydney rather than Brisbane. I phoned Princess. They altered my 'place of residence' and all was good. 🙂

13 hours ago, Bdnclc said:

The problem may not be that Princess does not recognize your airport. It is probably that they have no flights negotiated that fly out of your airport.

I have to change my preferred airport every time. Its SFO. The end of the bart line. The app insists its OAK which would require 2 bart changes. I've changed it. My PCP has changed it. 1-800 Princess has changed it. Now we (PCP and I) just dbl check that it's changed on all flights as it resets to Oakland every time

Wishing you luck

5 hours ago, caribill said:

The problem may not be that Princess does not recognize your airport. It is probably that they have no flights negotiated that fly out of your airport.

This seems weird as the airline for departing and connecting are the same.  And its same cost traveling from airport versus the one two hours away.  I would like to save that drive plus I wouldn't have a parking charge using my airport.

Princess negotiated fares do not include all flights that a participating airline offers, nor do they include all airlines. So just because the airport 2 hours away is included, and the second leg is included, it does not necessarily imply that the desired first leg from your local airport is part of the packages.  Which is a bummer for you, depending on the EZAir prices vs. booking direct.

I am mostly miffed about this because of air fare credit promotion I booked under.  Otherwise wouldn't care and I would just book the flights that make sense for fees and timing.  I often fly out of another airport but always evaluate the best options of out the two airports.