Celebrity Air

wendyp247

What are the chances of upgrading to Comfort Plus. And getting an aisle seat using air booked through Celebrity?  We’ve always booked our own air but ourTA is offering a package with hotels , transfer and air on a cruise from Singapore to Japan.  My husband will only go if he can get Economy Plus on an aisle. What are the chances of getting his seat on the flight.  The cruise

31 minutes ago, wendyp247 said:

What are the chances of upgrading to Comfort Plus. And getting an aisle seat using air booked through Celebrity?  We’ve always booked our own air but ourTA is offering a package with hotels , transfer and air on a cruise from Singapore to Japan.  My husband will only go if he can get Economy Plus on an aisle. What are the chances of getting his seat on the flight.  The cruise

It completely depends on the fare basis of the airline ticket, and that does not mean what class you have booked.  Only the airline fare rules would cover if you can buy up.  So you would have to research your particular fare rules to find out.

I think you should also clarify just what you are trying to accomplish and on what airline.  You use "Comfort Plus" which is a Delta class of service, as well as "Economy Plus" which is a United product.  These are just extra legroom seats and are not a form of Premium Economy, which utilizes different seating with greater width and pitch.

Plus your requirement for an aisle seat may or may not be available - especially if your TA is selling you a Basic Economy ticket that doesn't allow for seat selection.

You need to determine the details from your TA and get solid answers there.  No one here can answer your question with any authority, even the "well, I was able to" crowd (since it depends on YOUR ticket).  Caveat Emptor.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

You need to determine the details from your TA and get solid answers there.  No one here can answer your question with any authority, even the "well, I was able to" crowd (since it depends on YOUR ticket).  Caveat Emptor.

Except that these days, most TAs are not experts on airline tickets, and certainly not across all airlines.  Can't count the number of times you read about someone getting wrong information from their TA or their cruiseline air travel rep, because that person just doesn't know and is making an assumption.  But I believe you can usually cancel airline tickets purchased from Celebrity, so if you are assured you'll be able to select seats and it turns out you can't, you can probably cancel the tickets.  That should be something you can be assured of by the cruise line rep with a little more certainty.  Of course, whether your TA is offering the same refund policy on this "package" deal, I have no idea.

Edited by waterbug123

As you are flying to Asia, take a look at Celebrity Air's pricing on Premium Economy seating, as it tends to be priced very well. Premium Economy is a different class of seating than Economy, offering a better seat that is slightly wider with more leg room, slightly more recline, more comfort, often small footrests. Premium Economy is booked as an actual ticket class when you book your flight, like Economy, Premium Economy, Business, First. It is often not offered on the domestic flight legs, as many don't have true Premium Economy seats.

Economy Comfort, Economy Plus and those similar products are just an Economy seat, usually located towards the front of the Economy section, with more leg room, sometimes a few other services like priority boarding, or beverages, but not a different actual seat. These generally can only be selected after you have purchased your Economy ticket, then you go to the airline and access your reservation and pay an upgrade fee for each leg you want to upgrade. You usually cannot see what the exact fee and availability is until you have booked your Economy ticket. 

I think for Asia, you will be much happier with Premium Economy. 

How are you expecting to upgrade? By luck? Miles/points? Simply paying for the upgrade?

A person with no Frequent flyer membership or status is the absolute lowest priority for upgrade. With planes flying very close to full, your chances of getting an upgrade without status in a frequent flyer program is nil.

If you want Comfort Plus, my suggestion would be to buy it.

My friend got a "great" package deal with his travel agent and ended up stuck in the middle of a 4 seat row on Delta for 8 hours.  Know what you are buying.  Maybe you agent is simply including the lowest cost air ticket available through the cruise line air program.  

We purchased premium economy on CX through Choice Air for our flight to Hong Kong recently. About 6 weeks before our flight the price dropped $800 but Choice Air only gave us a $360 refund indicating their new price was not as low as Cathay Pacific's plus they charged (undisclosed )$35 reissue fee, which was separate from the $150 change fee. I was not happy. Just be aware of terms and conditions with Choice Air.

On 11/16/2019 at 2:51 PM, dabear said:

Just be aware of terms and conditions with Choice Air.

Definitely the case with everything travel related. But even more recommended with Choice Air because so many of their fares may be specially negotiated as far as terms & conditions go. And those T&Cs are to benefit them and the airline, not the traveler. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2019 at 9:22 AM, Zach1213 said:

Definitely the case with everything travel related. But even more recommended with Choice Air because so many of their fares may be specially negotiated as far as terms & conditions go. And those T&Cs are to benefit them and the airline, not the traveler. 

... as it would be with ANY consolidator or online TA.. or ???

We need to purchase with this in mind and understand that there would be, in many instances, change fees charged by the airline and the TA and consolidator and ????

We need to ask about any additional fees if we are not reading the T&C's, before purchasing...

bon voyage