What happened to the friendly NCL chat?

knitlady037

On 11/20/2019 at 8:02 AM, gmbhardy said:

I was the OP that started that thread. The other decision NCL reversed was making the Haven Restaurant and lounge available for purchase. The outcry from Haven loyalists on these boards was loud and quick. The idea was shelved immediately.

Management just can't seem to get their act together. One thing I do know is that they really nickel and dime you to death. Until they revoked their new pricing a double Grey Goose was approximately $45 with tip. Yes $45.00. If only one of you drink in your cabin Princess will let you buy one Beverage Package and you are on the honor system. I save a ton of money since my wife does not drink. I am not aware of ANY other cruise line that does this.She does buy the coffee card which is a great deal.

Edited by rkelly21

On 11/19/2019 at 5:02 PM, Turtles06 said:

@Love my butler I’m with NJH — while I certainly don’t read every thread in this forum, I can’t recall the last time I saw someone on here from NCL.   Do you recall that person’s screen name? 

NCL has been posting their Coronavirus "updates" on here almost daily.

2 hours ago, mianmike said:

NCL responded on Feb. 5, 7 and twice on the 8th.

So there months after I made the post you quoted NCL has finally posted something on Cruise Critic, but only in response to a serious world health issue that has had a direct impact on their operations. 

That's NCL posting something only after a gun's been held to their head, not the ongoing participation we used to see. When this crisis goes away they'll probably go silent again.

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

So there months after I made the post you quoted NCL has finally posted something on Cruise Critic, but only in response to a serious world health issue that has had a direct impact on their operations. 

That's NCL posting something only after a gun's been held to their head, not the ongoing participation we used to see. When this crisis goes away they'll probably go silent again.

My apologies, I didn't check the date of your post.  I should have posted an NCL comment that occurred before your post.  For sure NCL doesn't post much, but given the variety of subjects they have commented on illustrates they do monitor this board. 

I don't think it is as simple as does NCL monitor these boards or not. That's very broad. Who at NCL monitors the boards? The who matters as well. If bartenders or lower level management reads these boards, that's different than higher level management or someone who reports out to them. A public relations person is different as well. The "who" matters because the motivation/purpose for reading the boards varies and the power to make changes at different levels varies. Sometimes changes in customer experience might happen based on what a crew member reads on here and decides to do differently if it is a change they can indeed make in their own work. Versus a fleetwide policy change that someone in a different role decides. Night all! 

Edited by blueslily

4 hours ago, mianmike said:

My apologies, I didn't check the date of your post.  I should have posted an NCL comment that occurred before your post.  For sure NCL doesn't post much, but given the variety of subjects they have commented on illustrates they do monitor this board. 

You did the same thing to me in your comment 27 above, quoting a post I’d made three months ago.  I do appreciate your posting the screen name NCL is using, as I do not recall ever seeing it.  No wonder; prior to their very recent Coronavirus posts, they had not posted since June 2019, and, before that, February 2019.  Two subjects commented on in all of 2019. Glad to see them on here, but hard to tell from the minuscule amount of data how much they monitor.

2 hours ago, blueslily said:

I don't think it is as simple as does NCL monitor these boards or not. That's very broad. Who at NCL monitors the boards? The who matters as well. If bartenders or lower level management reads these boards, that's different than higher level management or someone who reports out to them. A public relations person is different as well. The "who" matters because the motivation/purpose for reading the boards varies and the power to make changes at different levels varies. Sometimes changes in customer experience might happen based on what a crew member reads on here and decides to do differently if it is a change they can indeed make in their own work. Versus a fleetwide policy change that someone in a different role decides. Night all! 

When someone suggests that NCL monitors this board, I would have thought it's understood to mean a P.R. person of sorts assigned to monitor social media and pass along to management any significant contentious issues that are widespread and may be gaining momentum.  It would be passive surveillance rather than participatory.  A bartender reading the board does not constitute or equate to representing NCL as they do not speak for NCL.   

6 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

You did the same thing to me in your comment 27 above, quoting a post I’d made three months ago.  I do appreciate your posting the screen name NCL is using, as I do not recall ever seeing it.  No wonder; prior to their very recent Coronavirus posts, they had not posted since June 2019, and, before that, February 2019.  Two subjects commented on in all of 2019. Glad to see them on here, but hard to tell from the minuscule amount of data how much they monitor.

I need to pay better attention to post dates.  It matters. 

Throughout the years I've seen NCL occasionally post.  It takes a lot for them to expose themselves and come out from hiding.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mianmike said:

I need to pay better attention to post dates.  It matters. 

Throughout the years I've seen NCL occasionally post.  It takes a lot for them to expose themselves and come out from hiding.  

NCL did post to this board several times when Kevin O'Sheean was the captain of NCL.

NCL corporate officers and Kevin himself occasionally sailed on cruises and mingled with the passengers too.

For instance anybody who met Klaus Lugmaier on their cruise is not likely to forget it.

I was one of those people and he was a great ambassador for NCL and was kind and made you feel special.

I read he is a regional vice president now.

Since Del Rio took over,  NCL is just a cold corporate machine that at times has all the personality of a clogged drain.

And getting back to the original OP, I have emailed my PCC twice in the last 3 days and he has not replied.

Don't know what the deal is, guess I'll have to chase him down next week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mianmike said:

When someone suggests that NCL monitors this board, I would have thought it's understood to mean a P.R. person of sorts assigned to monitor social media and pass along to management any significant contentious issues that are widespread and may be gaining momentum.  It would be passive surveillance rather than participatory.  A bartender reading the board does not constitute or equate to representing NCL as they do not speak for NCL.   

When reading some of the responses above, that does not appear to be the understanding or belief of all. They appear to be talking about possibly different people in different roles.

Have a great weekend!

10 hours ago, NJGeorge said:

NCL did post to this board several times when Kevin O'Sheean was the captain of NCL.

NCL corporate officers and Kevin himself occasionally sailed on cruises and mingled with the passengers too.

For instance anybody who met Klaus Lugmaier on their cruise is not likely to forget it.

I was one of those people and he was a great ambassador for NCL and was kind and made you feel special.

I read he is a regional vice president now.

Since Del Rio took over,  NCL is just a cold corporate machine that at times has all the personality of a clogged drain.

And getting back to the original OP, I have emailed my PCC twice in the last 3 days and he has not replied.

Don't know what the deal is, guess I'll have to chase him down next week.

You are absolutely correct regarding Top Management!

Sure do miss the "chat with an advocate" - there was no better and faster way to get an accurate and quick answer.  Now you have to sign in just to ask a simple question.  What a shame, this was the best service offered through a cruise website.  I sure hope it returns at some point!

19 hours ago, mianmike said:

NCL will do ANYTHING to make a buck.

On 11/19/2019 at 9:53 AM, Turtles06 said:

There’s no evidence that NCL monitors these boards, let alone acts on anything posted here.  It would be good to make your thoughts known to NCL by contacting them directly. 

according to the many meet and greets i have gone to they say they check these boards often. In fact, even Headquarters check what we write here but somehow nothing is getting through to them LOL

40 minutes ago, 3pinks1blue said:

Sure do miss the "chat with an advocate" - there was no better and faster way to get an accurate and quick answer.  Now you have to sign in just to ask a simple question.  What a shame, this was the best service offered through a cruise website.  I sure hope it returns at some point!

So sorry to have left you in the lurch. We have been begging NCL to bring us back to no avail. We provided a great service that the know nothing agents and the current online agents answering the chats now can never provide. EXPERIENCE and knowledge of evry ship and promo offered. Seems like now all they want to do is sell sell sell. Since we could not book, we were eliminated with 3 days notice that we would be losing our jobs. They have given the job to inhouse new hires, most of whome have never even stepped on a ship and their answers show it.