What happened to the friendly NCL chat?

knitlady037

I have used the NCL  chat often to get quick accurate info for general questions often. Quick and easy instead of waiting on hold for an agent. The cruisers that manned that position are gone! Replaced by know nothing agents that harass you to get your info and book. If you have a few simple  questions,  they lose interest and end the chat! Very disappointed with this new chat. NCL, PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD CHAT FORMAT!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

There’s no evidence that NCL monitors these boards, let alone acts on anything posted here.  It would be good to make your thoughts known to NCL by contacting them directly. 

She is not referring to these boards.  On NCL's website there is a chat function that used to be staffed by knowledgeable NCL cruisers.

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

There’s no evidence that NCL monitors these boards, let alone acts on anything posted here.  It would be good to make your thoughts known to NCL by contacting them directly. 

No evidence, but when you do an NCL survey after a cruise, here are two of the questions asked, are you a member of Cruise Critic and also do you post reviews.  I'd bet a dollar to a donut that NCL and most other major cruise lines watch these forums.  For that matter they may even respond to posters through the anonymity of a screen name.  All those NCL cheerleaders must come from somewhere.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

..........for that matter they may even respond to posters through the anonymity of a screen name.  All those NCL cheerleaders must come from somewhere.

So then it's safe to say the haters on here who constantly trash NCL yet insist they sail regularly on the line are shills for other cruise lines?   ~ the conspiracy thickens ~    😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I called NCL the other day to ask about my reservation and the foreign sounding man put the phone down, afterwards I emailed my normal NCL contact and he called me back in minutes.

I stopped using RCL when they moved to Guatemala. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trimone said:

I called NCL the other day to ask about my reservation and the foreign sounding man put the phone down, afterwards I emailed my normal NCL contact and he called me back in minutes.

I stopped using RCL when they moved to Guatemala. 

I have received the best service on RCL from the Guatemala call center. So I would say your loss.

I never hang up on hearing a foreign voice. Sometimes they have the ability to answer questions and resolve issues better.

Edited by Arzeena

39 minutes ago, buckeyefrank said:

She is not referring to these boards.  On NCL's website there is a chat function that used to be staffed by knowledgeable NCL cruisers.

I knew exactly what she was referring to, hence my advice to express her concerns directly to NCL. 

46 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I have received the best service on RCL from the Guatemala call center. So I would say your loss.

I never hang up on hearing a foreign voice. Sometimes they have the ability to answer questions and resolve issues better.

He put the phone down on me...

2 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

So then it's safe to say the haters on here who constantly trash NCL yet insist they sail regularly on the line are shills for other cruise lines?   ~ the conspiracy thickens ~    😉

Sounds good to me.  I lot can be hidden behind a screen name.

6 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Sure there is.  I have seen many times when a verified NCL rep has responded to posts on these boards.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

There’s no evidence that NCL monitors these boards, let alone acts on anything posted here.   

12 minutes ago, Love my butler said:

Sure there is.  I have seen many times when a verified NCL rep has responded to posts on these boards.

4 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

As far as I can tell, not anytime recently. Can you find one anytime in the last six months...maybe even in the last year?

@Love my butler I’m with NJH — while I certainly don’t read every thread in this forum, I can’t recall the last time I saw someone on here from NCL.   Do you recall that person’s screen name? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

No evidence, but when you do an NCL survey after a cruise, here are two of the questions asked, are you a member of Cruise Critic and also do you post reviews.  I'd bet a dollar to a donut that NCL and most other major cruise lines watch these forums.  For that matter they may even respond to posters through the anonymity of a screen name.  All those NCL cheerleaders must come from somewhere.

Of course all of the lines monitor the boards here. That is how they learn how much they can skimp on amenities etc by reading all of the people who say I will still cruise even if they do away with -----. Very inexpensive market research and folks fall into it without understanding how they are the ones that basically allowed for the  reduction of frills that made the cruises really special.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Trimone said:

He put the phone down on me...

Was in response to your moving from RCL when they moved to Guatemala,  not the NCL guy hanging up.
Honestly I have had excellent service from that call call center. Don't give up on them because of that.

Not at , I remember when the price of booze went up over the $15 limit, Grey GOose in particular seemed to set off a firestorm, I think it was early this year.  After a week or two of outrage, NCL officially posted here that the prices went back down.

12 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

That's absolutely not true. NCL monitors these boards VERY closely. 

14 hours ago, erdoran said:

Not at , I remember when the price of booze went up over the $15 limit, Grey GOose in particular seemed to set off a firestorm, I think it was early this year.  After a week or two of outrage, NCL officially posted here that the prices went back down.

I was the OP that started that thread. The other decision NCL reversed was making the Haven Restaurant and lounge available for purchase. The outcry from Haven loyalists on these boards was loud and quick. The idea was shelved immediately.

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

NCL employees definitely monitor these boards. Maybe not in an official capacity, but maybe just out of their own curiosity or desire to improve their personal service. I have had NCL employees on board recognize me from this site.

I think Frank Del Rio is SeaShark.

(It's a joke, people. Please don't ban me). 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...