Surf Internet Package

laker01

Hi,

If anyone has sailed and taken the simple surfing package .....

We will be sailing in january2020 on the celebrity summit and I was wondering about the internet packages

Will the simple surfing let you post comments and pictures on Facebook?  Also, will it let you play the facebook games like supercity or farmville?  Not interested in streaming services.

Thank you for any assistance! 

Cheers,

Laker01

I have been able to post one or two pictures at a time, play candy crush and Simpsons tapped out with the simple surf package.  There are times and places on the ship when connectivity is not that great.  I did upgrade to streaming half way through my last cruise to watch some pre-season hockey.  I was able to stream audio really good but video was hit or miss. 

• Like 1

Thank you that is good to know.  I was hoping to be able to post pictures and messenger my daughter (as she will be filling in looking after my Mom) and my son (as he is looking after the cat and dog) ... LOL

I am hoping to not to have to upgrade as it doubles and already ridiculously expensive internet.  

Are you saying even when you paid the extra the streaming still was hit or miss?  wow definetly don't want to upgrade then!

Thanks again!

Laker

Just got off Reflection with Surf package. Could not send or download photos on What’s app. So did those by email. Otherwise worked well for our purposes of surfing web, email and what’s app messages. 

Edited by jasm8449
Typo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I am talking about “wi-if” calling via my I-Phone. I always use this feature on other line’s internet package. 

I have not tried. I've only tried via whats-app and messenger and it doesn't work. Bandwidth is limited

• Like 1

Using it now on reflection.  Works for what I need it to do.  Sent a cpl pics Thru email.  don’t deal with fb so couldn’t say.  I just use it to clear email for work so I don’t go home to 5000 emails.   Able to play a cpl on line games surprisingly so it’s not a bad deal. 

Edited by bikerunner