Staterooms at the Very Back?

Tuckers Mom

Hi there.  My husband and I are thinking about booking a cruise on the Breeze during the current Cyber Sale.  I tried a mock booking for an ocean view room. Carnival offered me a room on deck two (which is fine) at the very back of the ship...one of the rooms that run across the back of the ship.  Has any one ever stayed in one of these rooms?  I am wondering about size (they look a bit smaller on the deck plan), noise and how much motion you feel, etc.  We have stayed near the back of a ship before but never right in the back. 

Any advice or opinions would be welcome...thank you in advance.

All those cabins are 220sq ft.  Configurations are different But there are pictures of these cabins and on cruise deck plans dot com there is a you tube of 2495. So you can see the layout.  I understand what Lottacruises is saying about vibrations.  But I think that would be more true for Deck 1. You do have the Blush dining room above you, if that's a concern. 

4 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

There's a lot of people who would die by an aft wrap. For me, I didn't care for the very back. One time I heard the motor more than I wanted to. It's also an annoying walk when done 20 times.

these are oceanviews.    These cabins have a great deal of vibration/shuddering when leaving and entering port.   When you get home all the sudden it gets VERY quiet.      I would not take one of these cabins

We had an Aft View Balcony on the Miracle (I know, different ship), and loved it. There was a bit of vibration, and we did feel some motion, we kind of chalked that up to the fact that maybe we had "celebrated" too much.

Truthfully, after the first night, neither of us noticed it much.

We booked an Aft View Balcony on the Breeze for February because we liked it so much.  I should note, that our friends had an aft view balcony also, and she is sensitive to motion sickness, and they liked it so much they booked another one on the Breeze also

Edited by joy4ron

It depends on your tolerance for vibrations.  We like the location due to it being quiet as there is very little foot traffic and hallway noise back there compared to other locations on the ship.  The shuddering when entering and leaving port will certainly awaken you and is quite loud.  During the time at sea it is more of a chugging along vibration, but nothing that kept us up.  We enjoy being aft of the rear elevators, but not usually all the way to the back due to the early morning coming into port shaking.  The size seems to be same as other oceanviews which tend to be a little larger than the balcony or inside rooms.

Thank you all for your help. After some discussion, my husband and I decided not to book one of these rooms.  We looked at other cruises available during the time we wish to go and ended up booking an ocean view midship on Deck 2 on the Radiance. Now we just have to be patient until April, 2021!

• Like 1

Vibration is pretty bad.  We booked an aft wrap on deck 4 on Miracle and the vibration was so strong, the room steward had to remove all of the glassware because it was clinking together all night.  I won't book a cabin on the very aft ever again.