Legend Dry Dock in 2021?

LJN22

1 hour ago, trvlgirlmq said:

Legend has been scheduled for a Europe season since November 2019 (went on sale). I am pretty sure no European country is going to let Americans in next summer though.

Yeah, we booked back in Nov 2019 for Europe summer 2021. Unfortunately,  I may agree with you. I doubt Europe is going to want a shipload of Americans that soon. We'll see.

10 minutes ago, maryann2 said:

The Legend Transatlantic Oct 2021 is no longer showing.

The Europe sailings from May to October are still available.

The same with Freedom to/from Seattle in 2021 even though the Alaska cruises still show. Perhaps Carnival will have to repo the ships empty if the cruises still go.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just saw a a webpage the Legend is not scheduled to return to service until November 2021.  They may push the dry dock back from April, if the shipyard's schedule allows.  

Carnival Legend
Date: 11/14/2021out of Baltimore, 7 nights to Bermuda

18 hours ago, JMAE said:

Just saw a a webpage the Legend is not scheduled to return to service until November 2021.  They may push the dry dock back from April, if the shipyard's schedule allows.  

Carnival Legend
Date: 11/14/2021out of Baltimore, 7 nights to Bermuda

Since that is the cruise we have booked I am hoping that it does return to service then.

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone - it looks like the Legend is currently in dry dock.  Has anyone heard whether this will include the construction of a screen to enable Seaside Theater / Dive-In Movies on the Lido deck?  We really enjoyed this activity on the Pride, and were disappointed to see that the Legend does not offer outdoor movies.  

It just seems odd that they would not have already done so - hoping that this will be remedied soon.  

I don't think the Legend will have the Dive-in Movies.  If you go to CCL Dive-in Movie webpage, select "Which ships is this on?"  the Legend is not include with the ships that currently have it nor is it listed on the "Coming to Soon" list, only the Carnival Celebration and Radiance are listed.  We love watching the movies on the Pride and hoped it would be added to the Legend.  Per JH the Legend drydock is new paint, hotel maintenance, replacing the chapel with an arcade and a few other things.  It sounded to me the Legend will have everything the Pride has but not the dive-in movies.   

• Thanks 1

Per CCL webpage regarding the Legend drydock:

Ship Refurbishments and Renovations

Completed during drydock 7/30/21-8/20/21

Routine hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements 

New red, white and blue hull design and paint scheme

Arcade relocated to Deck 3 and branded as The Warehouse (replaced the chapel and library on Deck 3)

The Cove (replaced the arcade on Deck 4)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JMAE said:

Arcade relocated to Deck 3 and branded as The Warehouse (replaced the chapel and library on Deck 3)

Its exactly the same drydock that Pride got in 2019, with the addition of hull repair from the collision in Cozumel, and the facelift paint job

15 hours ago, JMAE said:

I've seen the new paint job and it looks great. I liked using the chapel's onboard but realize that it's mostly wasted space so re-purposing it makes sense.

Bummer - We used to like to play board games in the library, but I do understand that the arcade will probably get more use.  Not sure if there are any other spaces with large tables on board?  I still don't understand why they can't do dive-in movies.  Seems like a relatively small investment for a big benefit.