Carnival Magic Spa Pass worthwhile?

geonurse

Booked on the Magic in February 2020. We have purchased spa passes for the first time ever, but know that the spa varies widely from ship to ship. Now wondering if it will be worth it? Another thing to consider is that we are traveling with another couple who have  not purchased the spa passes, and thinking that we won’t use it as much as we would if traveling by ourselves. If anyone would weigh in about this it would be so appreciated!

On the Dream class (Dream, Magic, and Breeze) it's totally worth it IMO.  The thalassotherapy pool is amazing and I love the heated loungers.  The steam rooms are a little too warm for me.  I think these pics are all from the Magic.  The pools are identical ship to ship but the rest of the thermal suite rooms are a bit different from one ship to the other.  

STEAM ROOM A.jpg

STEAM ROOM.jpg

THALASSOTHERAPY POOL.jpg

THERMAL LOUNGERS A.jpg

THERMAL LOUNGERS B.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My wife would agree with LibratPDX.  The Dream class ships have the best spas.  Not worth the $$ on Horizon or Vista.   And on other ships, since there are locker and steam rooms for general use spa is only valuable if getting a specific treatment.

• Like 1

I loved the heated loungers on the Magic when we went in July. But I didn't care for the pool, the metal bars they have to lay on were just too uncomfortable and there weren't any seats to sit and relax on in the pool. I personally won't buy the pass again. 

We absolutely loved the spa on the Magic and are getting passes again on the Breeze when we sail next.  We usually went twice a day. Once in morning and once in evening. Very relaxing and was never really crowded. I love the heat so all the rooms were great for me! Some are warmer than others.  We normally cruise with another couple who originally got the spa passes when we did not.  I admit we didn't see them as much as we would have had they not gotten the pass. That being said, it gave us a chance to do our own thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FYI the price of a spa interior cabin vs a regular interior can be cheaper than adding on a couples pass so you may want to look into that option also. We normally get the basic interiors but on our next cruise upgraded to a spa interior and saved quite a bit of money! $68 cheaper than buying a couples spa pass!

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 1:21 PM, Clarasgrandma said:

FYI the price of a spa interior cabin vs a regular interior can be cheaper than adding on a couples pass so you may want to look into that option also. We normally get the basic interiors but on our next cruise upgraded to a spa interior and saved quite a bit of money! $68 cheaper than buying a couples spa pass!

Another option is to watch out for the 20% off spa codes, they work for the passes too not just massages. I did that along with using the gift cards from Allstate drive wise for an extra 10% off for my magic cruise next week, can’t wait to try it out.

1 hour ago, wilycoyote76 said:

Another option is to watch out for the 20% off spa codes, they work for the passes too not just massages.

I don't think so, could be wrong, but it's for spa services. I also think it's 2 different cash registers. One is Steiner and one is Carnival. 

51 minutes ago, coevan said:

I don't think so, could be wrong, but it's for spa services. I also think it's 2 different cash registers. One is Steiner and one is Carnival. 

Maybe they made an error in my favor but I was able to apply it for my upcoming cruise. I just looked at my receipt again and it is 159 for an 8 day single pass and it says promotion applied 31.80 off for 127.20 total. You are correct, the email and banner for the spa code when they ran it said it was for treatments, but it did let me use it for the pass. 

Doing my research, I have heard some people with the pass get charged again by the spa once onboard so I’m going to double check my sail and sign during my cruise for billing errors.

Edited by wilycoyote76
Clarity
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, coevan said:

1 hour ago, wilycoyote76 said:

Maybe they made an error in my favor but I was able to apply it for my upcoming cruise. I just looked at my receipt again and it is 159 for an 8 day single pass and it says promotion applied 31.80 off for 127.20 total. You are correct, the email and banner for the spa code when they ran it said it was for treatments, but it did let me use it for the pass. 

Doing my research, I have heard some people with the pass get charged again by the spa once onboard so I’m going to double check my sail and sign during my cruise for billing errors.

You can apply the discount on the spa. I got it on a 20% discount on my recent Splendor TP. And yes, I was charged again onboard, since Carnival and Steiner don’t seem to communicate. It was easy getting it removed at guest services. I didn’t use it as much as I thought I would, but it was also a really long cruise. I just didn’t want to keep washing my hair. But for a shorter cruise, it’s definitely worth it.