Joy just skipped Cabo????

zonacruiser25

We will be on Joy in January and scheduled into Cabo.  We happened to be in Cabo now on Royal Princess and just watched Joy arrive around 11:30, sit out beyond the 3 ships already here and now at 12:45 it appears to be sailing off.  I hope our trip in January is not just to look at Cabo and leave!  It is a beautiful day here.  Carnival Miracle and RCCL Vision pulled in this morning and those passengers are enjoying Cabo.  We leave very soon.  Hope all on the Joy can get into Cabo.  Nvere did see 4 larger ships here before.

15 minutes ago, zonacruiser25 said:

Nvere did see 4 larger ships here before.

most likely thst could be an issue with tenders or the port can not handle 4 big ships at the same time. could be an oversight on norwegian part too

according to https://www.cruisetimetables.com  only the Carnival Miracle and Vision of the Seas is scheduled for today . Cruisetimetable website also list that the Norwegian Joy is scheduled for December 6

Edited by shof515

I think this cruise was originally going LA-PV-Mazatlan-Cabo-LA.  The next two cruises are LA-Cabo-Mazatlan-PV-LA.  I know this weeks itinerary was switched around from next weeks at the time I booked my cruise.

45 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

How can you even make that kind of assertion. There is zero basis. And there is zero truth to it. 

40 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

People love to go into panic mode..

Lol zero truth to the Noro being on the Joy on their previous sailings? I didn’t say that’s what happened, I said I wouldn’t be surprised if that were the case - not sure how that’s panicking either. Man some people on here lol...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm onboard the Joy this week.  The brief unscheduled stop in Cabo was to evacuate a passenger that had a medical emergency earlier in the cruise. They tried to evacuate the passenger by helicopter the day before, but were unsuccessful.

The ship made it to Puerto Vallarta on schedule the next morning, and also made it to Cabo as scheduled later in the week.

It's been a great cruise on a great ship!

• Like 3