Wine/food in the Ocean View cafe (buffet)

zitsky

There must be a thread out there but I searched and couldn't find it.  Is the food in the Ocean View Cafe the same day to day or does it vary?  What I normally do with buffets is browse what's out there.  Then I decide if I want wine, and if so, red or white based on what's on the buffet.

Both at lunch and dinner the Buffet food varies throughout the itinerary. And you may find a special theme days in progress like Spanish Night or Greek Night or the USA lunch buffet, or pie day (Both savory and sweet pies.)  Also the carving station is different every day so one day might be turkey the next might be ham etc. and the offerings at the grill also change day by day. What will be fairly standard is that there will almost always be a salad bar and a Caesar salad bar.

Maybe our memory is playing tricks but this year we thought the themes in the Ocean View were much less in scale than previously - this year we were on an M Class (compared with  class previously) - we recall previously there were Seafood Nights and Chinese Nights.  Not on our last cruise - I recall German Sausage Night and Risotto Night - more of a dish than a theme. 

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

First and second photos—- fresh fish day

third photo— pie day

90190F5A-2077-47E1-89C6-CB35F5C325B7.jpeg

E00C5576-5CB1-49F7-A151-B62D028901AE.jpeg

We did a B2B on Millennium to Alaska this past July.  They had a similar fish display, but when I asked about getting some fresh salmon and local fish, they told us they don't do that anymore.  I talked with the Captain and Hotel director.  They only get the food that comes from the company.  I was disappointed because they did get some fresh fish in Hobart Tasmania on a Solstice cruise in 2018, and served it in the buffet area for dinner.  🍷