Armonia Since Dry Dock

cellfree

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the second cruise after dry dock and nothing struck me as obviously new or  refurbished. Heard no rumors about what was done. I had a small electrical issue in my cabin and I noticed electricians working in other cabins a couple of times. 

I was on the Armonia the other week back. 

I spoke to my cabin steward about the dry dock and it was mostly the engine, new carpet laid out all over the ship and new flooring on all outside deck.

The crazy golf were removed which I noticed.  Everything else remain the same. 

We were on Armonia in September and thought everything was in good shape apart from the “flooring” poolside so good to hear that was changed. Sailing again in a couple weeks. Although an older and smaller and not typical MSC ship we enjoyed sailing on the Armonia and looking forward to it again. Thank you AuleyAir for info.   

• 5 weeks later...

I read in another review that minigolf was taken out!  Not impressed as my son was looking forward to that in March.  Additions.... not take aways 😞

Edited by pepper

1 hour ago, pepper said:

I read in another review that minigolf was taken out!  Not impressed as my son was looking forward to that in March.  Additions.... not take aways 😞

Underused location of ship that will not be missed by majority of cruises so a MSC command decision no doubt.

Was on Armonia this month. Other visible changes, apart from new carpeting and flooring between the pool and bar, there are additional tables with umbrellas and chairs in front of the bar just outside of the pizza buffet and hamburger buffet and on each side a huge canopy for shade, seems to help air flow and makes seating around those areas more comfortable. 

5 hours ago, pepper said:

Yeah I agree. Taking out the mini golf sucks. I called MSC and they promised it was temporary and they were redoing it before Summer. Not helping you guys that are sailing earlier though. They need more stuff to do for kids 

13 hours ago, Reds4life said:

Yeah I agree. Taking out the mini golf sucks. I called MSC and they promised it was temporary and they were redoing it before Summer. Not helping you guys that are sailing earlier though. They need more stuff to do for kids 

13 hours ago, Reds4life said:

Yes, they want more kids to cruise, thus the incentives, but should definitely enhance or add, not take away.  Heck... I played minigolf on my cruises before I had a kid!  However, I asked in a Facegroup group to see some daily planners, and it looks like MSC does an amazing jobs with activities each day, better than any other line I had cruised in the past, so it may be a non-issue this first time with them.  Still sucks thought, minigolf is the only golf I do 🙂

10 minutes ago, pepper said:

Yes, they want more kids to cruise, thus the incentives, but should definitely enhance or add, not take away.  Heck... I played minigolf on my cruises before I had a kid!  However, I asked in a Facegroup group to see some daily planners, and it looks like MSC does an amazing jobs with activities each day, better than any other line I had cruised in the past, so it may be a non-issue this first time with them.  Still sucks thought, minigolf is the only golf I do 🙂

We are booked for Armonia in June. Would you care to share the daily planners that you found?

13 hours ago, ODECCIT said:

Can someone clear this up. It shows Surf & Turf restaurant on the daily planner, but MSC website states there isn't any specialty restaurant on Armonia. 

Small Specialty Restaurant.
image.png.beab8c55716e597dd30b9ccb309afec4.png

Just off Armonia January 27 to February 3.  They were reworking deck areas poolside as well, finished the vitamin bar area.  Someone mentioned in a post about the broken glass divider between kids pool area and pizza area...still broken.  Lol.  Loved my experience in Bella as solo traveler btw

On 2/6/2020 at 11:08 AM, Annapolisr said:

Just off Armonia January 27 to February 3.  They were reworking deck areas poolside as well, finished the vitamin bar area.  Someone mentioned in a post about the broken glass divider between kids pool area and pizza area...still broken.  Lol.  Loved my experience in Bella as solo traveler btw

Yup, that was me.  I guess as long as its stable its not that big of a deal, it just took me by surprise since they were just out of dry dock.